Pole Mount Installation Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The reason I mentioned the monopoles is if he could mount the new dish the same way the old one is, with u-bolts on the side of the pole.

raoul,
I responded incase he decided to place a second pole, so that he knew that normally they place the dish at the top of the pole, incase he was not aware of that :)

Also he had mentioned that he was using a telescoping pole, that will not work with the new dish if he places it on top due to the tapering of the pole .

Jimbo

raoul,
I responded incase he decided to place a second pole, so that he knew that normally they place the dish at the top of the pole, incase he was not aware of that :) Jimbo

I did *not* know that since all the tech did was stomp around looking aggravated at how much work he was going to have to do. The tech was was the one who kept wailing about monopoles so I just assumed (another my bad) that he would be using them in addition to a clamp mount if he did attach to the existing mast. Son of a gun ... now I (finally!) understand what's going on. Hey ... I'm slow, but I do poor work. :D

This does simplify the process for a pole mount once I get another pole sited and sunk. I have pretty firm recommendations for both 1-1/2" and 2" pipe - is that just I.D. vs O.D. colliding? It wasn't written that way and I have a pdf from a sattelite installer that insists on "2-inch O.D., 1-1/2-inch pipe" for an AT9. Does the AU9-S Slimline antenna have the identical mount? I even have (dated/older) copies of the installation manual with no pole diameter specified.

Sorry for all the questions/confusion - there is so much conflicting info on the web, I have yet to see an installed DirecTV HD dish way out here in the weeds and I really do trust the opinions rendered here.

Thanks again/still to all for bearing with me here.

FX

I did *not* know that since all the tech did was stomp around looking aggravated at how much work he was going to have to do. The tech was was the one who kept wailing about monopoles so I just assumed (another my bad) that he would be using them in addition to a clamp mount if he did attach to the existing mast. Son of a gun ... now I (finally!) understand what's going on. Hey ... I'm slow, but I do poor work. :D

This does simplify the process for a pole mount once I get another pole sited and sunk. I have pretty firm recommendations for both 1-1/2" and 2" pipe - is that just I.D. vs O.D. colliding? It wasn't written that way and I have a pdf from a sattelite installer that insists on "2-inch O.D., 1-1/2-inch pipe" for an AT9. Does the AU9-S Slimline antenna have the identical mount? I even have (dated/older) copies of the installation manual with no pole diameter specified.

Sorry for all the questions/confusion - there is so much conflicting info on the web, I have yet to see an installed DirecTV HD dish way out here in the weeds and I really do trust the opinions rendered here.

Thanks again/still to all for bearing with me here.

FX

Just to clarify, if he used a clamp mount, he would have needed the monopoles.

The od of the pole needs to be 2". The AU9 and AT9 have the same mounting requirements.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Low res hook up to HR20/21?

Lost WCBS Significantly Viewed channel in CT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts