Pole Mount is UP!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
install

You get that dish up there by yourself Goaliebob? I remember putting my 10' Sami up that way, haha. AIn't easy but can be done if you're very careful. And, mine is not in 'rock solid' as you said, mine's in solid rock! Don't think I used more than 3 bags of quikrete around the top either, hasn't moved since 96 or 97 when I put it in.
I remember all the beating and railroad-barring, rock-chiseling and stuff it took to get a hole down in this limestone for that dish.

looks good bob! now dial her in and post some screen shots!:):hungry:

Yea thats what I want to do :) I just need to get time between the playoffs and other stuff :) I brought the dish back down for the night so I can put the LNB on and the center plate. Im hoping tommorow night or Thursday night to have it on the pole for good. :)

Ok so earlyer this morning before leaving for work I panted the pole black (blacker that what it was). That did a good job at removing some of the rust stains that was on it. I also painted the arms of the LNB bracket, and the center plates. When I get home shortly, I will be mounthing them all up and hopefully getting this on the pole for good :). After that will be motor install and pointing. Allthough I still have to go and get some sprinkler wire for the motor. Any suggestions on what type of sprinkler wire?

At the same time I will be running my lines from both the C and KU side, as well as playing around to see what I get on my spectrum analyzer. :)

Nahh thats some a-hole who lives down the street :D

I thought it came with a human actuator! Is the A-Hole a HD one? :D

Nice pole job goaliebob99!!

It looks real nice! Nice looking dish too! :up :up :up

Screenshots of the Levels on screen my man!!

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAtttttttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thats Ahhhh Disaster......

So. Got the dish finished. tightned the last bolt, crimped the wires on the LNB, Right as we were putting it up a nice gush of wind caught the dish and turned it into a sail boat effectively putting the pole right through one of the mesh panels as we lost control of the dish. I AM SO HOT right now (p@ssed is more like it). It was light rain and then a 20 mph wind came out of nowhere. What the hell. Is there any way to repair this? Or do I have to find another panel?

Remove the screws
Use a flat screwdriver to gently pry up the channels where the mesh slides in, and along the rim. Just a little!
Remove mesh and flatten. I usually find something to roll any kinks out.
Make sure the edges are "smooth"
Reinstall, use something like little precision screwdrivers to stick in the mesh, to help slide back in.
Gently tap the channel closed. I used the rubber handle of a hammer.
It took me a few times to figure it out, but the last time I did it in the dark of night.

Remove the screws
Use a flat screwdriver to gently pry up the channels where the mesh slides in, and along the rim. Just a little!
Remove mesh and flatten. I usually find something to roll any kinks out.
Make sure the edges are "smooth"
Reinstall, use something like little precision screwdrivers to stick in the mesh, to help slide back in.
Gently tap the channel closed. I used the rubber handle of a hammer.
It took me a few times to figure it out, but the last time I did it in the dark of night.

LAK Thanks, thats what I was going to do tonight when I get home and get this back on the pole. Only the mesh got knocked out so I dont think its going to be too much of a pain to fix, I was just trying to keep it from happening in the first place. The way I look at it, it just bonds me and my baby more :)

It can be fixed - if you were lucky enough not to bend any of the metal ribs , the mesh can be straightened out. On a 10' a few minor wrinkles won't affect it enough to hurt. I got mesh panels of all sizes too, if you have to fashion a piece to fit.

It can be fixed - if you were lucky enough not to bend any of the metal ribs , the mesh can be straightened out. On a 10' a few minor wrinkles won't affect it enough to hurt. I got mesh panels of all sizes too, if you have to fashion a piece to fit.

I do know that for a fact that none of the metal ribs were bent. Just the mesh. Ill take picks when I get home.

It shouldn't be too hard to repair, these things happen...

Thanks for the pics of the install so far. It encourages all of us to take on these projects. We await further details. :)

It shouldn't be too hard to repair, these things happen...

Thanks for the pics of the install so far. It encourages all of us to take on these projects. We await further details. :)

The dish is toast... when I pried the channels open, they fell right off as the inside of the channels like the metal was bent before and they just came up. I dont understand why they press these on versus snaping it in, for ease of replacement. Once both sides snapped off, the other two sides fell off too. Oh well, gonna have to find a new one :( Sucks because I had everything good to go. Freakin wind. Im gonna take it completely apart and use what I can. But in the mean time im going to be on the hunt.

So let the hunt begin.

That's funny. LOL.
You were supposed to only loosen the channel, so the mesh would slide out and back in.

Yep, thats the way it was suppost to happen to, but it didnt. Once again thanks for the dish, we tryed to save her for another day, but it just wasnt meant to be. I have a couple of dish's around here I have my eye on. Now, im going to see if they are avaliable :)

I just seem to have the worst luck in the world, Ill tell you what when it turns around, Ill be your next multi billionaire. My luck cant stay like this forever!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)