Poll: HGTV and FoodNEt on Voom?

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I would like to take a poll to see how many people would like HGTV and or FoodNet channels to be added to Voom.

I voted for neither, because I can't imagine ever wanting to watch them myself. But, if it were to lead to more Voom subscribers I'd be in favor of adding them. There can't be too many people holding out for these channels, can there?

Where is the "I don't care about these channels" option? I don't have to have either ones of these channels, but I am by no means opposed to getting them. Unless of course the bill increases because of them. ;)

I added a vote for yes for my wife, I'd rather have the shows from these channels in HD somewhere.

Some sd channels are important to our family members, so HGTV is a priority in my home.

Right now, I have the added expense of Dish Network just to get the one channel.

I doubt that ading some sd channels to the line up will result in fewer hd channels or increased billing.

Voom is already (and should remain) the hd leader but it also needs to compete in the real world of sd offered by the other sat services.

Shelly

I think they need to add both. The wife has been very understanding (granted she's in her final semester in college) and she was really hoping for them by december when she graduates. Once these are added, I am happy with our channel selections.

Must have Good Eats to get us to subscribe. Thus, no Food = no Voom for our household (the wife watches two shows on cable, and must have this one).

FunkyBoss said:
Where is the "I don't care about these channels" option? I don't have to have either ones of these channels, but I am by no means opposed to getting them. Unless of course the bill increases because of them. ;)
Expresses my position perfectly!

HGTV is a must have. My wife was very understanding for 6 months of me saying, "next month". Finally, the time has come. It's not the only reason i'm leaving, OTA problems and 2 receiver problems, but HG broke the back. HGTV is one of the most popular channels out there, I can't believe they still don't have it.

raptorctr said:
HGTV is a must have. My wife was very understanding for 6 months of me saying, "next month". Finally, the time has come.
My wife still misses HGTV and she complained a lot the 1st weeks we switched to VOOM, but now she wouldn't trade it for Ultra-HD ;)

raptorctr said:
HGTV is a must have. My wife was very understanding for 6 months of me saying, "next month". Finally, the time has come. It's not the only reason i'm leaving, OTA problems and 2 receiver problems, but HG broke the back. HGTV is one of the most popular channels out there, I can't believe they still don't have it.
I don't think I have ever watched HGTV. What exactly is on it that makes it so popular?

FunkyBoss said:
I don't think I have ever watched HGTV. What exactly is on it that makes it so popular?
It's about gardening and home improvement stuff. Women love it. The good thing is that it keeps your wife distracted and free you to do other things :D. The bad thing is that they get a lot of ideas on home improvement projects for the weekend and let you without time to watch sports in HD :mad:

Food TV...Its not just the wives

While HD is great to look at, eventually you need to get back to content you actually are compelled to watch. Food TV was nearly a deal breaker in house with respect to the decision to go with V* as our only source. I submitted a request to V* through their web site to add that channel and they actually responded. The marketing person said they couldn't comment on channel acquisitions that are in discussions, but they would note my request.

I love the Iron Chef, especially when the ingredient is something alive and moving.

/always gets a kick out of it when the cute Japanese actress giggles and covers her mouth ;-)