Poll: What type of church do you attend?

What type of church do you attend?

• Fundamentalist (Bible Baptist, etc., etc.)

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • Seventh Day Adventist

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Catholic

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Evangelical

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • Mainline Protestant (ie. United Methodist, Episcopal, United Church of Christ, etc.)

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • Mormon / Jehovah's Witness

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I DON'T ATTEND CHURCH

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kevinbct

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
New England
Given the varying opinions among Sky Angel customers, both current and soon to be former...... I think it would be VERY interesting to do an informal survey of church preference.... IMHO, a lot of the criticism is coming from certain branches of Christianity.... May the results prove me wrong....

Very Nice Poll! I voted in the Other because I'm a Atheist and have no problem saying it either. You are right by saying that there are certain branches of Christianity fighting with themselves and other Christian groups. Being who I am I can truly look at religion with an Open Mind and say "Religion will be the death of all us." But remember that we live in a Country that has a "Secular Constitution" which grant's the right to believe what ever Religion you want.
Musher

I believe the constitution was written to represent and to uphold the principals and characteristics of Jehovah and his son Jesus. Freedom is given to people, but wrong choices bring your own peril.

Just thought of something. For some, the SA programming was sorta like their electronic church. But now the church has folded up. :mad:

I'm Southern Baptist. On the poll I picked evangelical. Of course, in Western Kentucky mainline is probably equally accurate. My home county has 20-25 Southern Baptist churches out of a population of a little more than 13,000. That doesn't count the other flavors of Baptists, Methodists, etc.

I go to a Brethren Church

When I got out of the Air Force and came home, I thought if would be easy to find a good church. My wife and I went to 7 different churches before we selected this Brethren Church. Originally the pastor was the reason - really had a Shepard's heart and could really preach the Word of God.

We have been going here for about 16 years.

I am a Seventh-day Adventist. I hope we are not known as trouble makers. :( I have always been taught to be accepting of all kinds of religions as we want others to be accepting of us. I think as a denomination we tend to shun censorship as we believe the truth need not fear investigation.

I don't attend church, My wife and kids do! But My god doesn't need my money or 1 hour a week since he's watching over me 24/7
hmm... True enough, God doesn't need your money or your time. I bet your wife and kids are praying that you will eventually realize it's you that need Him not the other way around.

Im Catholic but rarely attend mass.

I used to go all the time when I was a little kid, because my mom would bribe us into going by taking us to the 11AM mass and then after services where over we would go to Mc Donalds.

But heres something really odd, on my street in Detroit where my office is, there are 147 churches!

Now granted they are not the traditional churches you might see, most of them are the size of a convience store.

Home church. We have about 15 when all are there and we rotate among four homes. Financially all of our tithe can go to missions which is a plus. I support five missions on a regular basis. Another plus, we are not beholden to the IRS so we can freely discuss politics and how any vote for a certain political party is participation in killing the pre-born child!

Another plus, we are not beholden to the IRS so we can freely discuss politics and how any vote for a certain political party is participation in killing the pre-born child!

I hear Congress is working to eliminate that loophole. :D

Lumping Mormons and JWs together. WOW! How insulting to Mormons.

Totally different belief structures. Only vague similarity is they both send people out door to door. But so do many Evangelicals.

i have been a member of unity church since early 2000. it doesn't neatly fit into the other categories so that's why i voted other.

In your opinion.

I am a member of none, and I chose not to vote.

I'll leave it at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)