Possible Upcoming Software Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got a s213 with only one hopper on the account.

I also am having major instability issues with PTAT with shows freezing during playback / lost portions of recordings. I had zero issues until S213 was forced onto my Hopper.

213's sharing has issues. Quick and dirty testing this morning seemed OK, but tonight I get random, unpredictable, but mostly unsuccessful results.

I may get the intended program playback from the remote Hopper without sound. I may get a tuner from the local Hopper without sound. I may get a black screen. I may get video from local tuner 1 but sound from tuner 2. Just a few of the combinations I've seen tonight.

Hopefully we'll see a 214 soon.

Well one has the update this morning. The other does not. That makes so much sense

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

One Hopper got 213 last night, the other was not in the spooling. No update for Joey either.
The updated Hopper can connect, (or so it seems) to the non-updated Hopper but shows no recordings, just the PTAT folder. Confirmed the "Blue button is deactivated with a message, "this feature not available at this time."
In network settings icons for all units are visible yet 212 Hopper has no linked or unlinked graphic, I suppose the eventual completed updates will correct that.
In the Settings menu a Headphone Icon is visible, another "coming soon" message.
I'll look around more later, unfortunately the updated Hopper is my secondary receiver.
Another interesting moment, one of the Joey remotes would not work this morning, I had to pair it again....Joey is still on 264, perhaps that anomaly was a Network thing....:coffee

Same here. One has it and the other does not.

I notice on the Joeys that it advertises the new feature on the screen saver.

Received 213/265 monday night with one hopper/one joey. Hopper appears ok however joey now losing link to hopper every 5 to 10 minutes. No problem prior to update.

steff3 said:
Received 213/265 monday night with one hopper/one joey. Hopper appears ok however joey now losing link to hopper every 5 to 10 minutes. No problem prior to update.

That makes no sense for dish right there. They should know which customers have a dual hopper setup and push the update to those receivers. Let the two hopper systems test out this release, then send it down the line! I have a two hopper system with both still on 212.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I received the 213/265 updates last night and was having problems this morning. Only way I could get everything to work was to only attach one device to my home network. Once I removed the network cables from the Joey and one of Hoppers the remaining Hopper setup the network between devices and everything started working, including the ability to see and watch recordings between Hoppers.

I'm exited about getting the update but it sounds like there are still a lot of kinks to work out...still im waiting patiently for 213

2 Hoppers installed the 1st weekend available, both still on S212. Looking forward to having access to the other Hopper. I will be able turn one of the PTAT off.

Have definitely made some changes re: MoCA and networking. I have my hoppers hooked up to ethernet directly - each used to read an ethernet connection separately at each location. As of 213, it's defaulting to sharing networking via MoCA from only one of the hoppers, even if all are directly connected. Cannot force the connection to another option, but it's working just fine so far with the new default behavior.

Last edited:
Just got it overnight so no time to explore but I did notice if you stop a show in the middle on one Hopper and then stop the same show at another point on the other Hopper it gives you the choice to resume either one when you return.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts