Power Supply

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
I'm hoping someone here knows about power supplies. I purchased this specifically because on the label it shows that one of the voltages it can produce is -5v. I grounded the green ps-on wire so the supply can power up. Checked every pin and I am not getting a -5 volt reading on any of them. All the others are there, +12,-12,+3 and +5 but no -5. Any suggestions or ideas?

here's the label.

emac6180%20(4).jpg

Yes I'm working on a new custom made power supply for an old console. I can find another new one guaranteed to put out the -5v but it's a little larger and lacking a few things I'm looking for. I think if a L7905CV is attached to one of the +5v pins, I'll be able to change it to -5v. It's a cheap solution too.

Not sure of the chip #, but I think it can be done.

I stick to PC Power & Cooling or Antec for all my needs, even though they can cost more than entire PCs with Chinese $15 power supplies.

Older mobos can present a problem, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Ultra power supplies for my PC's but this is for an old console where a 180w supply more than exceeds the needs for this project. The size and how cool it will run will allow me to put this in a enclosure where a fan will not be needed. The L7905 will give me what I need for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)