Powering on Joey resets Hopper

HDCL

Original poster
Jun 7, 2021
Chicago
I have been having this issue for several months now. If one or more Joeys is on, and you turn on one of the other Joeys, initially it will say Hopper not found and then eventually connect. The other Joeys that were on will have their programming interrupted and if a recording is in progress, it will stop and restart (thus creating 2 or more entries for that show with a gap).

I have tried power cycling the Hopper and all Joeys and this does not happen every time. Usually if just the kitchen Joey is on and I turn on the one in my Family Room, it will glitch this way.

Anyone else experiencing something similar or any suggestions?

Reactions: pjsjeep
I found this advice from another thread:
Sounds like that Joey powering up is resetting the Moca network. Possibly a cabling issue or a Network issue if the Hopper is WiFi connected

How many Joeys do you have, and are they (especially the ones that interfere with each other when you turn one on) connected to the same splitter? The first thing I would try is replacing that splitter, to see if that helps.

I had 4 but now only have 3 Joeys. Perhaps the 1 I disconnected (and returned) which still has the cable connected to the splitter is causing an issue. I will have to to try and disconnect that one from the splitter and see if that resolves the issue (unterminated 100 ft+ cable hanging off the splitter). I can't remember when this all started happening, but I returned 1 of the Joeys about 3 months ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)