PowerVu D9234

Status
Please reply by conversation.
NOT ONLY MILITARY AND NOT ALL MILITARY

Just being in the military does not qualify a person to receive AFRTS. You also have to be deployed overseas. The decoder is supposed to be de-activated when the owner returns to the US or transferred to the new owner if sold to a qualified person overseas. If you are interested, this link will give you a lot of information: http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/Uploads/Bulletins/How to get AFN service.pdf

I spent 20 yrs in the military and 20 years in the US civil service, mostly overseas. The cost of the decoders appears to have drastically dropped. When I left Europe in 2000, the cost was $560. The above link says they cost $236 for military units. Of course that is not what a individual would pay through AAFES (PX/BX). ONLY THOSE DECODERS CAN BE AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE THE SIGNAL. Any other Powervu can not be authorized. It is based on the serial numbers of those decoders sold though the military. I know, I tried to buy one and get it authorized, even though I was otherwise eligible, they could/would not authorize it.

programming the power vu

Haven't really tried yet but I will soon. I got the receiver Thursday. Iceberg has had his longer, but I don't know if he's tried to find any ZK PVu yet.:)

is there a way to program the power vu for a universal lnb

ebms1 said:
is there a way to program the power vu for a universal lnb

It's actually been a while since I used it but I think it's standard only.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Iceberg said:
actually you can use universal as most other locations that the AFN Networks are on those satellite have low and high band

Here is the manual
Scientific Atlanta D9234 - Downloads - SatelliteGuys - America's Satellite & Home Theater Technology Information Source!

You have to set the LO Freq # 1 as 9750, LO Freq #2 as 10600 and crossover as 11700. I guess the best thing to do is download the manual and read. While it can be a pain to set up, once its set up it does work

Good refresher Ice! I haven't even powered that box up in about a year.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I dont have mine anymore but I remember we had all those Scientific Atlantic receiver manuals here (a bunch of models) so I quickly scanned the manual and page 4 shows the "defaults" as for Universal :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)