Pricing

bobjackson

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Houston
Other than the sling adapter going up in price (20$) and the protection plan going up in price (1$/month), were there any other pricing changes after the 21st? I went out of town and it seems the total price has gone up for some reason and I can't figure out why. I am planning on switching to Dish (2 hoppers, 2 or 3 joeys) potentially this week, but want to make sure I am getting decent bang for my buck... Thanks a ton in advance!

Get everything either directly through the DIRT team here, or from Dish directly.

you should be happier

just verify the equipment you want, what you want it to do, and the channels/programming you want

its easier/cheaper to get it all up front then add later

I think I have all of that taken care of. I am struggling to understand some of the channel differences between the A200 and the A250. It would be good if Dish put a spreadsheet type document together so one may see them side by side. I think I need at least the A250 package to get FSC. I will need to get the sports package. My thoughts are to go with a 2H and a 2 or 3J system. I would love to get FSC+, but cannot justify the extra 15$ when I can stream almost every game I would want to watch. I would like the sling adapter, but the extra 20$ is making me think twice...

I think I have all of that taken care of. I am struggling to understand some of the channel differences between the A200 and the A250. It would be good if Dish put a spreadsheet type document together so one may see them side by side. I think I need at least the A250 package to get FSC. I will need to get the sports package. My thoughts are to go with a 2H and a 2 or 3J system. I would love to get FSC+, but cannot justify the extra 15$ when I can stream almost every game I would want to watch. I would like the sling adapter, but the extra 20$ is making me think twice...

This pdf file should help you: http://www.mydish.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/StandardHDChannelGuide.pdf
FSC is also available in AT 120+

ckhalil18 said:
This pdf file should help you: http://www.mydish.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/StandardHDChannelGuide.pdf
FSC is also available in AT 120+

Beat me to it! :)

Yes, FSC is in America's Top 120+ for $49.99/month regularly as well as America's Top 250 for $69.99/month regularly but not America's Top 200 which is $59.99/month regularly.

FSC is also in Dish Latino Dos (which can have the $9 Multi-sport Pack added to) for $44.99/month regularly and in Dish Latino Max for $57.99/month regularly. However, the Dish Latino packs differ from the America's Top packs.

Last edited:

you may still wanna stream them, i dont know the hd status of that sports not
but many are not always in hd

Whoa! What's wrong with going through a good retailer?
The "good" part is the tricky part to suss out.

you may still wanna stream them, i dont know the hd status of that sports not
but many are not always in hd
FS+ isn't in HD at all, to the best of my knowledge.

To the OP: When you say stream games, do you mean via FoxSoccer2Go or just via streams online? If the later, why even bother getting FSC?

Beat me to it! :)

Yes, FSC is in America's Top 120+ for $49.99/month regularly as well as America's Top 250 for $69.99/month regularly but not America's Top 200 which is $59.99/month regularly.

FSC is also in Dish Latino Dos (which can have the $9 Multi-sport Pack added to) for $44.99/month regularly and in Dish Latino Max for $57.99/month regularly. However, the Dish Latino packs differ from the America's Top packs.
As Mojo Jojo notes the Dish Latino Dos/Max packages carry FSC. Dos is a real bargain, but you are giving up more of the Disney owned channels, including the ESPNs. Latino Max doesn't require you to make that sacrifice. Neither carry NBC Sports, I don't believe, which is currently only available via Top 250.

Make certain to give Top 120+, 250, Latino Dos, and Latino Max a good looking over to get the best feel as to which package satisfies you the most for the right price. Don't let the "Latino" fool you, they come with a full slate of English channels as well.

Soccer wise, one thing to keep in mind right now are the new Bein 1 / 2 channels coming in August. There are no confirmations as to who'll carry these two networks. They'll have La Liga, Serie A, and Ligue Un soccer. If you care about those leagues, you may want to see which Sat/Cable services offer them.

My current cable provider does not offer FSC+, and only has FSC in SD. If the team I follow is not on FSC or ESPN, then I typically stream them. I only follow one team, for the most part, and leave the station on in the background sometimes...

Thanks for your quick reply. My kids would need the Disney channels and Boomerang. I believe boomerang in only in the A250, which might lend me to that programming (which is still cheaper than my current cable provider). I honestly have no preference for either Dish or Directv except for the Hopper system. I also like the DIRT group on this site as well. I think they add a ton of value!

Whoa! What's wrong with going through a good retailer?

Nothing! Wish I knew them from them not so good ones. Just seems like a middle man, I prefer DIRT here or directly with DISH online with transcript. But a good retailer is indeed fine. Do you happen to know a good retailer? :D

Ok. Looking at the lineups and cost... Why would someone not get the latino max vs the a250? disclaimer: I am still comparing channels right now...

Scratch this... found too many channels missing from the Latino Max package that I like to watch... Thanks for pointing out this package though... great thought!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts