Status
Please reply by conversation.

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
I picked up another P* (.90 x.63) this weekend and the LNBF only has one output on it.

I have 2 other P* ellipticals, same size as this one. One has the "soapbar" LNBF, and the other has the "beer can" LNBF, both of those have separate H & V outputs.

Does this single-out LNBF switch polarity on 13V/18V input?

here's a pic of the new one:

Attachments

• Sat Primestar Single Output LNBF.JPG
    Sat Primestar Single Output LNBF.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 211
Some Primestar newer lnbf's were 13V/18V. Great find :)

Good news there, thanks!

I didn't remember ever seeing one of those (or talk of one) here, now I'll keep my eyes peeled for more. :)

My wife asked me what in the world I needed another Primestar dish for......

I told her I was going to get about 15 of them, set 2-10'or 12' tall poles in the ground about 12' apart and run 3 or 4 runs of horizontal angle with 2-3/8" stub pipes to mount dishes on and point one to every sat I can "see".

The PRIMESTAR ARRAY!!!! :D

She was not amused. :(

Google: LNB NJR2162F

I was going to look up the part number on the side of it, and give you a link to the factory specs.
But, look what I found instead, on the Sadoun web site! - :cool:
(other Google links pointed back to older threads on SatGuys)

I was going to look up the part number on the side of it, and give you a link to the factory specs.
But, look what I found instead, on the Sadoun web site! - :cool:
(other Google links pointed back to older threads on SatGuys)

Thanks for the link, Anole, I remember seeing that on the Sadoun site in the past but didn't make the connection until now.

I'm going to see if the feedhorn on the 2-output "beercan" is compatible with the single-output, I would think they should be.

Got 3 more P*'s located, all are on poles in peoples' yards, 1 has the soapbar and 2 with the beercan. It breaks my heart to know those folks are taking the effort to trim around those (presumably) unused dishes. ;)

I got one of them 'equivalent part' ones Anole linked - my 75e REALLY liked it, even though I think it was made for the bigger dish.

I two 75e dishes, one with the proper feedhorn (it was originally a VSAT dish) mated to a Invacom QPF and the other had the feedhorn for the 40x30 dish paired with the LNB similar to the one the OP found.

The performance is VERY close on these.

The Primestar "beer can" LNBF's...

NJR2162F which is a single output with a internal 13/18v switch-harder to find but not impossible, newest version.

NJR2119F which is a dual output requiring an external 13/18v switch-fairly common.

NJR2112F which is also a dual output requiring an external 13/18v switch-older model that uses more current

I may have a spec sheet on one of these...I will look for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts