Problem With Asc1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pdiddy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2013
western montana
WHAT'S WITH THIS?After programming the asc1,I hit the remote and the asc1 takes you right to the correct satellite,perfect.Than if I used the remote to bump the dish east or west,nothing happens.If I turn off the power to the asc1,then use the remote to bump it east or west it than will move.This is a problem I've heard other people talk about the same thing happening,what's the fix?Another thing is what's with the remote buttons for east and west.There backwards.West is on the left and east is on the right,I feel like I'm driving in England.

Hello Pdiddy,

Sorry, but I had not received a problem report from you or found an open support ticket request. I would suggest that a phone call or an email is a better way to provide you with faster support.

I would also benefit from knowing where this problem is being discussed. This is highly unusual as I am very active on most forums and would have immediately provided a firmware solution for the member to test. At this point I had only received a report of a step movement lift error from the German reseller for his personal system. No other reports of this type of error from multiple testers in a North America and Europe and I have been unable to replicate on the bench or my systems.

1. Does the step East/West error occur at all satellite positions or only near the Eastern/Western limits where the motor is under maximum load? Does this error happen single step movement using the STB, the ASC1 front panel or the remote?

Likely, your sensor doesn't immediately issue a count within the short duration of fine tune step mode. If this is the case, there is a beta firmware currently testing with several users that might address the step movements for your system. Please email or call support and I will email the testing firmware for your feedback.

2. Does the East button drive East and the West button drive West? Or are you referring to the reversed East / West button positions on the front panel?

If the East button drives West and the East button drives West the motor voltage wires are backwards. Reverse the M1/M2 connection.

If the reversed East/West button placement, then yes, it was mentioned in a previous thread and the printing on the keys will be changed on the next production to simply show < and >. :D

Another thing is what's with the remote buttons for east and west.There backwards.West is on the left and east is on the right,I feel like I'm driving in England.

Perhaps you accidently got the Australian version of software? It sounds like you need the Canadian one... :p

I could always rewire the remote so the labels are backwards; but the sides of remote will work like they are in the US. (left means "east" and right means "west"; that is how it has been since (amways remote had the same problem); until they did (they sold their satellite and company to ?). It can be done with software and US branded? You'll just change two buttons to be backwards; when called tested, done? Anybody can change this remote flavor with their computer if they know how; but then left will be right? IM lol; take your time, it is only a very mini not really a problem; all you need to do is change two pointer's in the firmware to point the opposite way! For the US only!

Do or don't do is not a question, it is the answer.

Last edited:
Actually, if you change the two wires inside the box to be reversed that are the two motor wires; the machine will count backwards to itself; (+ adding direction of subtraction, - subtracting from adding counts); but the item will move west with left; and right with east and only the labels need removal? That just makes me think that that is what needs to be done! You win! IM watchin tv, i need motor's. i need controllers. i only need.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)