Professional Installers out there....I'm Desperate for Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would check polarity of elect. system ground may be powered. I have seen some very strange things. usually even or odd transponders is a cable or fitting issue but can be receiver or dish switch problem. Also rg59 is will not work if anywhere in system.

This thread is over a month old, and it was the receiver that needed to be reset.

Anyway, I use RG59 all the time for D* installs, and have NEVER had a rpoblem in 6 years. I prefer to use RG6, but if the house is prewired, and it works, it works. Can't get away with it with E* equipment.

larrystotler said:
Anyway, I use RG59 all the time for D* installs, and have NEVER had a rpoblem in 6 years. I prefer to use RG6, but if the house is prewired, and it works, it works. Can't get away with it with E* equipment.

Not only is this completely irresponsible, it's also against DTV guidelines. You've probably never had a problem because it ends up at an HSP and they have to clean up after you.

With a signal loss of about 14db/100', you should seriously rethink your policy.
I'd tighten up on your phone line installs too.

larrystotler said:
This thread is over a month old, and it was the receiver that needed to be reset.

actually the problem ended up being a bad dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts