Promoting Dishnetwork by SatelliteGuy.US on Voom Forums Inappropriate (user) 03.19.05

Many thanks Scott for making this forum available. :) This thread is way out of line and should be taken down.

I agree with grumpy1. The thread starter has no vested interest in the site, and does not control the means to generate revenue. This is my best attempt at 'bradleyism'.

It is Scott's site, let him do as he wishes, we are his guests here.As far as "Furthermore, to accept Voom advertising revenues while simultaneously advertising a competitors product" that is like saying Coke or Pepsi cannot place ads on NBC because one of them already is, if the companies placing the ads has no problem with it, don't worry about it.
I do find it amazing that the person complaining does not donate money to the site, but says things about ads that support the site. :rolleyes:

The entire purpose of the contest is for SatelliteGuys member to have fun and give back to our members. This is a nice prize especially considering you can't even buy one yet. :)

If you have VOOM or DirecTV and win it then SELL IT and pay for your DirecTV or VOOM service for a good long time. :)

If I had VOOM stuff to give away you could bet your butt it would be announced to the Dish Network and DirecTV forums as well. Who knows maybe we will get lucky and be able to give away a VOOM DVR in the future. :)

We here at SatelliteGuys enjoy giving back to you the members, more great giveaways to come. :D

I agree! Take it down. Dan Collins at DBSForums is a dick of an administrator. Anything positive said about Voom over there is a bad word and is S*** on by him or another one of his moderators as soon as it is posted. These guys do not want a Voom for some reason. They are worse than Nascar fans when it comes to what provider is the biggest , best and has the most. Not to say Nascar is a bad word, I am just trying to find an appropriate analogy to use here. DishStore.net is part of the DBSDish forums or the other way around. Anyway they are one in the same.

1. Bradley, stop being a leech on this site and contribute. 221 posts is enough to show that you've gotten some benefit from Scott's site.

2. Take off your blinders. That announcement wasn't targeted at the VOOM forums. Heck, I looked around, and it's even in alt.radio.satellite.

Bradley Said "...company (Echostar) who is directly undermining Voom's very own existence..." So Echostar is forcing cablevision to drop Voom. No, all echostar did was purchase (if the FCC approves) assests that were available to sell.

I don't think there is anything wrong with were the advertising is. If it were a Voom receiver in a DISh Network I wouldn't care. And like they said above, if you win it sell it and get something else. It isn't like Dishnetwork customer are the only one qualified to win. If that were the case then you may have had a point, but anyone can win.

Just my 2 cents.

Just a heads up.....

The 942 is woth about $750. So like Scott said, if you win it sell it to somebody you know who has Dish. Us poor little retailers can't even order it yet and are waiting patiently. So you can sell it to a retailer for some good cash.

mdonnelly said:
...Bradley, stop being a leech on this site and contribute...
That is hardly true. Bradley posts a great many in-depth articles on this forum!

Sometimes I spot a juicy Voom article and run to the Satelliteguys.US Voom forum to post it, and SHUCKS! Bradley has already beat me to it!

Still, I must disagree with Bradley's demand in this thread. Buttom line as Bruce just said... This is Scott's site, and we are all guests here.

missing the main point...

bradley said:
I think everyone is missing the main point...

Scott is paid by Voom for advertising.

Although it is nice of Scott to make this offer, it should have been restricted to the other forums (non Voom) on SatelliteGuys.US.; thus avoiding the conflict of interest presented.

In other words... it is simply unethical to take one's money and promote another... period.
In other words... are you saying that E* doesn't pay for advertising...

Your argument doesn't hold water, Bradley, unless SatelliteGuys.US had made agreements with E* and/or Voom that they would accept ads only from one or the other, but not from both. Then, taking ads from both would be a breach of their agreement.

This is just IMO. I am not a lawyer (thankfully).

1080iBeVuMin said:
That is hardly true. Bradley posts a great many in-depth articles on this forum!

Sometimes I spot a juicy Voom article and run to the Satelliteguys.US Voom forum to post it, and SHUCKS! Bradley has already beat me to it!

Still, I must disagree with Bradley's demand in this thread. Buttom line as Bruce just said... This is Scott's site, and we are all guests here.
My point was, Bradley has 2xx posts now, complains about SatGuys fundraisers, and hasn't given a DIME to support the site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts