pros and cons....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Pros, its got more customers and is more popular with (IMO) better picture, better deals, better channels, the main plus is if something goes wrong it will be MUCH cheaper to buy and install any replacement parts. Price a dual DirecTV LNB against a Dishnetwork LNB..........I rest my case. Go for the best deal that suits your needs, play the big boys against each other! Good Luck

PROS

-DirecTV is best for serious sports fans, especially football fans as it is the exclusive provider of NFL Sunday Ticket.

-You may have to wait a few more months, but D* will have much more HD content than E* and more longevity than Voom.

-D* has earned consistently high customer service ratings.

CON

- D* can be expensive. If all you want are basic and family oriented content, Dish may be a bit cheaper.

Really depends on what kind of programming you're after.
Pro: install youself
Con: Price is way to high, Goes up every year, PQ no better than any other I've seen, Of the 200+ channels they try to hook you into, I watched about 10 of them

pro-
-cheaper then almost all cable systems for comparable packages
-the very best receivers made, going far above Dish network
-the home of the real DVR with Tivo, unlike Voom which has none and Dish which has its digital VCR.
-HD channels will grow in no time to beat Dish and possibly Voom.

re: "...Con: Price is way to high, Goes up every year..."

Funny, there has only been a single price hike (that I am aware of) in ten years of DirecTV service.
(I think that will change, as the new management has promised "aggressive" pricing in the future.)
But that is in the future, so rkr0923 could you possibly give amounts and dates of those alleged yearly D* price hikes?

They are number one!

DirecTV does have the best value of satellite providers. In the dollar to channel ratio they provide the most content. They are also very innovative, if you look at the HD Tivo they offer while it is outrageously expensive it is available and there is nothing else like it on the market. If you are looking for basic TV from them you can get a great start package for $30/mo including locals.

PQ is the best in the business, I have had all providers available in the US (in my market) and D* is number one.

They also have the money to support technology and are a 3 time winner of the JD Power customer satisfaction award. Those 3 wins coming in the last 3 years!

OK, rkr0923, I get the $3 price hike.
But your statement was: "...Price is way to high, Goes up every year..."
So how about documenting the dates and amounts of the price hikes from:
1995:
1996:
1997:
1998:
1999:
2000:
2001:
2002:
2003:
(And then you might take a look at the Dish price hikes during that period, or more interestingly, the average MSO price hike.
At any rate, it is your statement about DirecTV price hikes "every year".
Is it true?
Or just more of your continual anti-DirecTV rhetoric?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts