What is your side!

• Equity

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Luken / Neil

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I, like most of the others who have posted, I'm sure that unless we're directly involved with whatever transpired, we do not have enough information to pass judgement on any of this. At this point it's all speculation, rumor and hearesay.........or because I read it not heard it does that make it libel? At any rate, I don't imagine we'll ever know the true story or the history behind all this.........sound like an episode of the Simpsons where someone makes an outrageous claim against someone and the whole town goes after them.

I'm not sure I understand why this thread keeps going. I mean, TV is TV. It's just TV.

We are FTA consumers. While the channels are there, we'll consume them. Why does it matter who, what, when, where, why, or even how?

I've been in business for myself for more than half of my lifetime. I do try to take into consideration the opinions of my client base. But you know what? At the end of the day business is in the business of making money. Anybody that tells you otherwise is a fool. And if my methods of making money by the way of my business upsets some people then that's too bad. My business is my business.

Customers don't normally care, let alone have a say, about any of the business end so long as they get what they've paid and contracted for. The only real say a customer has with a business is with their money: no service, no money - and that goes both ways. If enough parties (both clients and/or suppliers) to a business think the same thing, there is no more business.

Now looking at the contract I have with FTA providers... Oh, wait, there isn't one. And I just realized at the same time, I haven't paid a dime for the programming, just the equipment - MY equipment. So I'll worry about what I've paid for, my equipment, and let the business people worry about what they have and haven't contracted or paid for. I'll enjoy my free, legal, and unencrypted TV while it lasts. And whether the people involved are jerks or not is of no concern to me. I don't even know them. And who are we that we have any right to complain?

We're all grown ups. If you've never heard it before I'll tell you now: It's not personal, it's just business. Even if it is personal, all's fair in love and war.

Other people's business is just that - their business. And mine? That's mine alone.

I'm not sure I understand why this thread keeps going. I mean, TV is TV. It's just TV.

We are FTA consumers. While the channels are there, we'll consume them. Why does it matter who, what, when, where, why, or even how?

I've been in business for myself for more than half of my lifetime. I do try to take into consideration the opinions of my client base. But you know what? At the end of the day business is in the business of making money. Anybody that tells you otherwise is a fool. And if my methods of making money by the way of my business upsets some people then that's too bad. My business is my business.

Customers don't normally care, let alone have a say, about any of the business end so long as they get what they've paid and contracted for. The only real say a customer has with a business is with their money: no service, no money - and that goes both ways. If enough parties (both clients and/or suppliers) to a business think the same thing, there is no more business.

Now looking at the contract I have with FTA providers... Oh, wait, there isn't one. And I just realized at the same time, I haven't paid a dime for the programming, just the equipment - MY equipment. So I'll worry about what I've paid for, my equipment, and let the business people worry about what they have and haven't contracted or paid for. I'll enjoy my free, legal, and unencrypted TV while it lasts. And whether the people involved are jerks or not is of no concern to me. I don't even know them. And who are we that we have any right to complain?

We're all grown ups. If you've never heard it before I'll tell you now: It's not personal, it's just business. Even if it is personal, all's fair in love and war.

Other people's business is just that - their business. And mine? That's mine alone.

very well put :)

I would like to add another "very good post" I appreciate everything I find on FTA. Do I want to loose RTN? NO! BUT, I know it has always been a possiblity. With that said, I hope RTN lives!

I can't really side with one or the other right now. We really don't know enough to know what the heck is going on, and I think both sides would prefer that to some extent. I'm guessing if/when the dust settles no one will could out smelling like roses, and no one will turn out to be demons.

Now, with any hope the new guys will keep RTN/MRTV in the clear, on Ku, and preferably a little more powerful.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts