Providers catching it over HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scotsmanron

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Florida
I listened to a lot of radio today and the programing providers are catching unholy hell over not getting HD out the door now. Kim Kommando was giving them grief and one of the other national shows was doing it do. Seems there was a Wall Street Journal article this past Wednesday, saying that about 1/3 of all households now have HD and they want to know what the holdup is. D* was mentioned because of all the advertising!!!

This is good for us I hope.

Unfortunately, Kim Kommando is a lot of talk and not much substance. I'm not sure many technology professionals take her seriously. Some of the advice she's given is beyond laughable. I take anything she says with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
She didn't offer any advice. I just thought it interesting that she picked up on the WSJ article. Seems that several others are as well now. There are going to be a LOT of unhappy buyers on 26 December when they hook up and wonder where the HD signal is.

I remember reading somewhere that a good number (30-40% maybe?) of HD owners THINK they are getting HD when they aren't even running off of an HD signal. People upgrade from an old style tube set and automatically assume they're getting HD because the "picture is SO much better than our 10 year old RPTV."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts