PS3 Controller Questions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
With my kids coming over this weekend, it looks like I will have to drop another $100 for additional controllers. The Sony controller is ok, but $50 is a little steep. I was looking at the picking up two Logitech Chillstream controllers that are $10 less expensive. Does anyone use these...recommendations good/bad?

Also, while I have your ear...do the controllers charge via USB while when the PS3 is in stand-by (aka turned off)?

I have only the two PS3 controllers, so I can't answer your question about the Chillstream controller.

The controllers only charge when the PS3 is on. You can tell when they are charging by the flashing of their controller port lights. You can hook them up to your computer, and I think they may charge if your computer is in a certain sleep mode...but not all. We just got a new cell phone for my daughter, and it came with a USB charger that plugs directly into a wall socket. Of course, my immediate reaction was to use it for the PS3 controllers! :D

Any powered USB port will charge the PS3 controller. If your cable box has USB on the front, try that. :) It's probably powered. The USB ports of my HD-A1 work fine as well!

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)