PS4 Owners Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm actually surprised Sony notified Plus members a full year in advance of dropping PS3 and Vita games from Plus. I had PS Vue for 20 months and sometimes I wouldn't even get 24 hours notice before a channel was dropped. And in my previous experience with Plus, they'd make other significant policy changes on very short notice. Regardless, there's really no point in making and releasing PS3 games anymore when you can't even get a Sony-made replacement controller anymore in this country. PS4 controllers aren't BC with every PS3 game.

I'm actually surprised Sony notified Plus members a full year in advance of dropping PS3 and Vita games from Plus. I had PS Vue for 20 months and sometimes I wouldn't even get 24 hours notice before a channel was dropped. And in my previous experience with Plus, they'd make other significant policy changes on very short notice. Regardless, there's really no point in making and releasing PS3 games anymore when you can't even get a Sony-made replacement controller anymore in this country. PS4 controllers aren't BC with every PS3 game.

Yeah, I don't care that they are dropping PS3 and Vita games at all. My PS3 has been boxed up since the PS4 came out and I haven't turned my Vita on in about a year. I don't really have a place for it in my entertainment center and I'm using all the HDMI ports on my AVR except the AUX port on the front. So far I haven't wanted to play any of my PS3 games badly enough to dig the system back out and hook it up.

There are several I would have played if there was a way to do it on the PS4 though. I mentioned that I bought Red Dead Redemption digitally as soon as Microsoft added it to backwards compatibility. I actually already owned the GOTY version of it on PS3 and had just never gotten around to playing it. Ni No Kuni is another example of a game I want to play, especially with the sequel coming soon but I probably never will because I don't want to hook my PS3 up.

I use backwards compatibility on my Xbox One all the time. I have been playing the 360 version of Bayonetta for the last couple weeks because I wanted to play through it before I get Bayonetta 2 on Switch. Anyone who is friends with me on Xbox Live might have noticed that I have been playing Forza Horizon 1 all week since Microsoft worked their magic to get the emulator to run it at native 4K.

One of the reasons given for not including backwards compatibility on the PS4 is that the crazy, custom 8 core "cell processor" in the PS3 is very hard to emulate. I can accept that. I would have been totally fine with them allowing us to stream games we own digitally from PS Now for free as a solution to backwards compatibility. This would have upset people who can't play the games they own on disc or people with bad internet but it would have been a solution I could live with. I absolutely refuse to pay $20 per month for a PS Now subscription to stream games I already own though.

I recently moved my PS3 from the bedroom, where it was on PS Vue duty, to the living room, thinking that is the only way I'd play several games I have on it that I never got around to (or favorite older games I want to replay). I started with Sorcery (the Move game) only to find after two hours in I'd rather play something a bit more advanced and sophisticated like DA Inquisition. I have several older Telltale games as well on PS3 (purchased in flash sales), but I'd just as soon play the latest and greatest from Telltale as well.

A couple years ago, over concern I'd eventually no longer have access to digital PS3 purchases in the PSN Store, I made a point of downloading every PS3 game (and DLC) I still cared about. I still toy with the idea of doing another ME run.

II still toy with the idea of doing another ME run.

I think about going back to ME all the time. These are available through backwards compatibility on Xbox One but I own the trilogy on PC so I would be more likely to play it there instead. This is one of the rare cases where I would pre-order a good remaster as soon as it was announced though. I would take a good, ground up remaster with improvements to things like the combat in ME1 over pretty much any upcoming game.

EA previously said they weren't going to bother with remasters because they wanted to put all of their investment into the future. Burnout Remastered on March 16th will be the first remaster EA puts out this generation though. Hopefully that means they have changed their stance and Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered is already in the works.

Reactions: Zookster
I think about going back to ME all the time. These are available through backwards compatibility on Xbox One but I own the trilogy on PC so I would be more likely to play it there instead. This is one of the rare cases where I would pre-order a good remaster as soon as it was announced though. I would take a good, ground up remaster with improvements to things like the combat in ME1 over pretty much any upcoming game.

EA previously said they weren't going to bother with remasters because they wanted to put all of their investment into the future. Burnout Remastered on March 16th will be the first remaster EA puts out this generation though. Hopefully that means they have changed their stance and Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered is already in the works.

I hear you, except part of my interest in another ME run is importing my renegade character from ME1 to complete the renegade cycle in ME2 and ME3 (which I haven't done before). I don't know if I could do ME1 again (I've done it three and one-third times) without combat and driving control improvements in a remaster.

Thanks for the heads up about Burnout Remastered. I'm not much of a driving game person (partly because I totally suck at them), but I did really enjoy Burnout Paradise and have most if not all of the expansion DLCs.

A couple years ago, over concern I'd eventually no longer have access to digital PS3 purchases in the PSN Store, I made a point of downloading every PS3 game (and DLC) I still cared about. I still toy with the idea of doing another ME run.
I did that a while back. Found out what the max size drive the PS3 would support (1.5 TB for those interested), and made sure to download everything.

I'm willing to be money that thanks to the dumpster fire that was Andromeda that EA is at least considering doing a remaster of the ME games as a sort of "Palette Cleanser" for the series before they decide to try and reboot the thing again. A complete package that included ALL the DLC and improved graphics would do very well IMO. I mean hell, even for PC users where there IS a "trilogy" available it doesn't have all the DLC included, and the graphics of 1 and 2 have NOT aged well. You basically need to install Modded textures for the thing to look presentable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)