Psssst! Want the new Cablecard HD & HDDVR boxes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Khandurian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Cocoa Beach Baby!
Then call and order one! They start installing them on Monday!

You can order HDDVR's and HD's. If you have any old style boxes, you will have to trade those in to get the new.

In other words, if you have a regular digital box on one tv, and an hddvr on another tv, you have to trade in BOTH boxes for the new stuff.

Their not allowing the 2 different boxes in the same house.

Enjoy!

khands, i need more info on the hddvr's......like for starters are these still rental's or for purchase? if purchase, how much? brand, recording capacity, features.

They are SA boxes, (they tested the Samsung ones) but the samsung kinda sucked. I believe the ones they are launching are the SA 8300HC's for dvrs and the 3250HCs for regular boxs.

They do have a problem with them though they have trouble using interactive services such as "My account on-demand" and the "News on-demand thingie" also problems with the "Interactive TV/ Voting" Where you can do the iPolls and such.

does this apply to the tampa bay area? if so, if i call, what exactly do I do?, i don't want to b calling and b like, yea i would like to exchange my 8300hd for the newer ones and they would come to me, in such words, what are u talking about lol

if possible u know the model? so that i can see it online? cause i couln't find the one posted on here...

any info, and info on what i should do when i call, would b appreciated...i like to have the latest stuff :)

Sorry for not replying earlier, I was battling migraines all weekend long.

Steven already gave you the model numbers.

Their rentals. I am unaware if they are going to be selling them. They are doing this due to an FCC regulation of "removable security".

Also note, that if you order the box, you MUST upgrade all your boxs.

Example You want to replace the digital box in the bedroom and you got a dvr in the living room, in order to repalce the bedroom you have to replace the DVR, they will not let you have 2 different box types either you have the new "HC" boxes or the old ones. So if you dont want to lose your info on your DVR id recommend against upgrading.

ok so, i called bhn, and told em that i would like to upgrade to the newer boxes, and the guy simply told me, (according to an email they got) that i cannot just call and ask for a change of box, for the newer ones (the guy dint seem to b quite nice about it either, and all i heard what that aim sound in the background, lol)

so how in the hell am i gonna get the new ones then :( , dont get me wrong, the boxes i have are running beautifully..but im the kind of people/customer, that likes to have the latest they have to offer

ideas? hook up? much apreciated! :)

razor, i'll ask one of my contacts this morning and let you know if i get a response.

thank you, pls let me know, and like steven said, would not mind going in person ( im off next 2 days :cool:), but i dont wanna bring all boxes and look like an idiot and come back with the same ones lol...i just want to make sure, then i can go in person :)

once again i appreciate the info/help...i live in saint petersburg/tampa bay area, jic :)

pm me if anything

Just called CFL Brighthouse and they are giving out new HD DVR's with Navigator software. I was told that I do NOT have to switch out all my cable boxes ( I have 3, only 1 Hd DVR), to just bring in the box I want to switch out. I'm on my way in an hour.

Ya, if you walk in with only one box, you have 4, they will not swap it out for the new cable card box. They don't want 2 separate menus/displays in the same house.

Not t mention now they have to assign the "cable cards" to your account and setup a whole different set of "services" on the back end side. So it makes it easier if all your equipment is the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)