PTAT Bugs, Problems, Dislikes ...

PTAT and Times Scheduled for PTAT shows.

OK guys I have timers scheduled for PTAT shows so that they show up in the DVR section and don't get deleted after the 8 days. However for some reason they are not showing up in the DVR section. When i look at the timers, they say Skipped already scheduled do i have to go in and restore each and every one of these?

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't see the PT logo for the show in the guide, I see a yellow X and says Skipped already Scheduled. How do i get my favorite shows to automatically save themselves on the DVR after they are recorded on PTAT?

Yes, we were right, and we mentioned that fact, but we still got the response, "don't worry, it'll be extended." Also, many of us suspected that when you would go to "save" an event from PTAT to your user space, that if the programming was delayed, the event you save would be cut off as well. And we were right again.

I knew that ptat wouldn't be as intuitive as they made it out to sound like. That is why manual timers are great to have. Never miss any of the Cbs shows on Sundays.

Installed on 3/24 and PTAT enabled 6:30 PM CDT. After 52 hours, PTAT has not started to record.

PM sent.

Shows that I have timers for that are already being recorded as part of PTAT do show as skipped in the daily DVR timer list. However, they are getting recorded as part of PTAT and automatically added to the user DVR partition on the hard drive. You do not have to restore the skipped timers.

Mine is also acting kind of weird. The day of the install (Sunday) PTAT didn't kick off at all but my install was only completed about 2 hours before it was supposed to start. I figured this was no big deal because people have been saying it takes about 24 hours or so for the box to start acting right. I enabled PTAT at about 5:00pm Sunday on both hoppers.

The second day(Monday) one of my hoppers had the PT logos in the guide and the other didn't. I believe PTAT showed in my recording schedule on both hoppers. I know for sure it showed on the one that didn't have the PTAT logos in the guide. PTAT worked as it should on both of my hoppers and it also moved the shows I set specific timers for into my regular DVR folder.

Today (Tuesday) neither of my hoppers have the PTAT logos in the guide. I checked the scheduled recordings on both of them and they are showing individual prime time shows using a tuner instead of saying skipped like they did yesterday. PTAT is not listed in my scheduled recordings anymore. As of right now it looks like PTAT will not be firing on either of my hoppers tonight but I guess we will see at 7:55.

I really need PTAT to be a reliable system. I was the one that convinced the rest of my family an upgrade would be worth it. They will not be very happy with me if they miss shows they have been following weekly for years.

That is why I said to all ,to wait to upgrade till later. The Wife Acceptance Factor is very important in my house and I listened to her bitch for 10 months while I had the 922, till I traded it back in for the more reliable 722k. It will take about 6 months - to a year to get any new receiver to function properly. Which is why I think DISH releases new receivers in February and March. To be able to get it to work well by the Fall new season.

I found that 30 minutes extra worked for CSI: Miami for the last year - I think they skip something if sports would make it later. If you do set a 1:30 timer, DON'T accidently save the PTAT recording, it will overwrite the longer one - don't ask me how I know.

It's not a matter of saving the PTA recording. It's that when PTA stops your timer recording stops instead of recording for the 60 or 90 minutes you set it to go over.

I'll try again, Set a regular 1:30 timer for CSI: Miami!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)