Purchased Equipment Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
Yesterday I pulled the trigger and signed up for AT 120 even though what I really wanted was the Flex Pack. I was told just to choose 120 then immediately change on-line which I did. I had same day installation and was somewhat disappointed to get the old Hopper 1 after reading a recent thread about that here on our forum. However, it seems to work OK so far.
From a financial standpoint however, in switching from AT 120 to Flex I lost the $5 auto pay discount so the DVR fee went from $10 to $15 per month. Now I am reading that the DVR fee is only $5 a month for any owned Hopper. I see a Hopper 3 on eBay from a seller that I have actually met in person a coupe of years ago.
What is the process for replacing a leased DVR with a purchased one for a customer in my situation? Would I simply disconnect the old one and connect the new one and call in for activation? Would I arrange to send back their DVR at the same time? Finally, the technician mentioned he was putting a "switch" under my trailer. I assume that is the "solo node". Would that stay the same or would any outside equipment have to be changed to go from the Hopper 1 to a 3?

Connect the new one, and call in to activate that one first. Then, they will remove the old one from your account. They might not even mention the need to return the old one (They didn't mention it when I called last night to deactivate my leased Hopper Duo.) but if you wait, they will automatically send you a box with a return shipping label. Per the Equipment Return section of the lease terms:
"Following cancellation or disconnection of your DISH service or disconnection of your Leased Equipment, DISH will send you one or more return labels or empty boxes (depending on your Leased Equipment) to be used by you in returning the Leased Equipment and DISH will charge you up to $15.00 for each such return label or empty box (“Box Return Fee”)."

For a Hopper 3, you would need to buy and install a Hybrid Solo Hub to put in place of the Solo Node. You would also need to either switch to a DPH (Hybrid) LNB if you do not already have one, or install a DPH42 switch to convert your DPP LNB to Hybrid, for use with Hopper 3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I crawled under my trailer this morning and it is a Hybrid Solo Hub. Does that mean that I also have a DPH (Hybrid) LNB? All I know is that the dish is black with a simple "DISH" in red.

I crawled under my trailer this morning and it is a Hybrid Solo Hub. Does that mean that I also have a DPH (Hybrid) LNB? All I know is that the dish is black with a simple "DISH" in red.
If it is a Hybrid LNB, it will look like the one pictured in this post:
(The "DPH" on the sticker is what you are looking for.)

It is definitely 3 LNBs not 2 like in the above picture. I can not go up there but I just checked the diagnostics screen and under switch it lists "Hybrid Triple WA.2". I will also add that only one cable with attached ground wire comes down from the dish. One reason I crawled under the trailer was to see if he grounded it. I was glad to see that he did ground to the undercarriage frame.

It is definitely 3 LNBs not 2 like in the above picture. I can not go up there but I just checked the diagnostics screen and under switch it lists "Hybrid Triple WA.2". I will also add that only one cable with attached ground wire comes down from the dish. One reason I crawled under the trailer was to see if he grounded it. I was glad to see that he did ground to the undercarriage frame.
That is good. Since you already have the correct LNB and the Hybrid Hub, then this would be a simple "plug and play" swap of putting the Hopper 3 in place of the Hopper 1. :)
(I am assuming that cable is connected to port 1 on the LNB. Hopper 3 needs to be connected to port 1.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)