Question about Channel master dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

new-2-fta

Mar 4, 2008
I was given an old channel master dish about 40"x43" do not know what size it is called. my question is can I use an universal lnb with bilt in feedhorn in place of the original lnb and feedhorn. Part of the feedhorn is gon and so is the lnb.

Channel Master Dish

Verry fast reply thanks VOOMVOOM. Is it possable to use the snh-031,twh-031,qdh-031,qth-031or the qph-031 with this dish if so wich is the best?

Yes, any of those listed will work. They are all good lnbf's. These are made for connecting to a flange or the CM feedhorn. I got the links from the Invacom site, not sure who sells them, Sadoun used to, I think? The CM Master Feedhorn link is from ProSat Communications, I think they may have them? You could also modify the dish to use normal lnbf's....?

Channel Master Dish

Some of the lnbs have the feedhorns bilt in. My dish has a 40mm clamp on what is left of the feedhorn. will this work for them or do I ned to change something to get them to work?

Channel Master Dish

Sorry forgot to mention you all are the greatest. found this site today wile looking for info on my old Channel Master in my search engine. Did not Know such a site exist. This is grate as I have a lot to learn. But I am a fast learner most times.

The main difference between a LNB and a LNBF is a LNB usually has 3 wires for polarity and a LNBF does not

This dates back to the old Big Dish days...most of us use a LNBF but we say LNB :)

Thanks

Thanks you guys are great help I will get lnbf maby Invacom Thank thay might be good choice.

I have the same dish as you speak of, and have successfully used a Fortec 40mm neck universal LNBF with the dish. It would be advantageous, however, to try to locate a replacement feedhorn for the dish, as that part is matched for that particular dish. The feedhorn built into an LNBF is made to work best across a wide range of dishes, so the matched feedhorn made for that dish will be tuned more accurately.

Also, is there any particular reason why you want a universal instead of a standard? Here in North America, there is only one channel that can't be picked up with a standard (Cubavision on 58w), and it is duplicated on 30w, where it can be picked up with a standard. Universals cannot be used with 22k switching, which limits your switching options should you decide to expand your dish farm :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

California Micrwove linear feeds?

C band lnb through a diseq?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)