Question about Dish network 500 dish with a Conaxsat receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mattsuresh

Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
I have a Dish Network 500 dish(slightly oval in shape). Recently, I bought a Conaxsat -Duo receiver and a Circular Dual LNB (Input : 11.7 ~ 12.75 GHZ, Output: 950~2000 MHz, L.O.: 10.75 GHz).

Is it possible that I can use this receiver and the LNB with the dish I have, to receive channels through satellites Echo7 & AnikF3?

Thanks in advance.

Sure, NASA and Angel One. For the FTA birds, like G18 at 123W a linear LNB and a 30" reflector are the minimum equipment.

Regards, Eric.

Thanks Eric. Actually, I was inquiring about FTA, but forgot to add that.
So, a dual LNB is not good for the dish I have?
Is it possible to capture channels available through 119W (Echo 7) & 118.8 (Anik F3) using a single LNB? If so, is the one I have is good?

Thanks.

Thanks Anole. That helped.

OK. What I was asking was whether I will be able to receive all the channels we normally get (example: Basic / Basic plus etc.. ) through service providers like Dish network, without subscribing for their service, using the dish and the other accessories I have.

What I understood from the post you sent me is that 'Dish 500 won't do FTA'.

Thanks again.

Thanks Anole. That helped.

OK. What I was asking was whether I will be able to receive all the channels we normally get (example: Basic / Basic plus etc.. ) through service providers like Dish network, without subscribing for their service, using the dish and the other accessories I have.

they are a subscription service so I guess the answer is no :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)