Question about Dish network 500 dish with a Conaxsat receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mattsuresh

Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
I have a Dish Network 500 dish(slightly oval in shape). Recently, I bought a Conaxsat -Duo receiver and a Circular Dual LNB (Input : 11.7 ~ 12.75 GHZ, Output: 950~2000 MHz, L.O.: 10.75 GHz).

Is it possible that I can use this receiver and the LNB with the dish I have, to receive channels through satellites Echo7 & AnikF3?

Thanks in advance.

Sure, NASA and Angel One. For the FTA birds, like G18 at 123W a linear LNB and a 30" reflector are the minimum equipment.

Regards, Eric.

Thanks Eric. Actually, I was inquiring about FTA, but forgot to add that.
So, a dual LNB is not good for the dish I have?
Is it possible to capture channels available through 119W (Echo 7) & 118.8 (Anik F3) using a single LNB? If so, is the one I have is good?

Thanks.

Thanks Anole. That helped.

OK. What I was asking was whether I will be able to receive all the channels we normally get (example: Basic / Basic plus etc.. ) through service providers like Dish network, without subscribing for their service, using the dish and the other accessories I have.

What I understood from the post you sent me is that 'Dish 500 won't do FTA'.

Thanks again.

Thanks Anole. That helped.

OK. What I was asking was whether I will be able to receive all the channels we normally get (example: Basic / Basic plus etc.. ) through service providers like Dish network, without subscribing for their service, using the dish and the other accessories I have.

they are a subscription service so I guess the answer is no :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)