Question About "moving" from NY to Scranton Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rapidturtle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
North Eastern PA
I want to move from NY locals to Scranton PA locals. I live in Matamoras PA, which is on the border of NY, so we get the NY locals, but I want to watch PA news, and catch the Eagles games. I did this with Dish, but forgot exactly how to go about it. Do I just call customer service and tell them I am moving, and make up an address within the correct Zip???

Pretty much, ask to change the service address and you've already plugged in the receivers and everything works. Make sure nobody else is at the address. Do a search for "moving" to learn more, many have done it, lots of posts about it.

There are people who swear by the "Search" feature on this site, but it doesn't do anything for me, either.

1. Find an address that has the Scranton DMA. Maybe there's one on the edge that will let you keep some NY locals?
2. Look through the real estate for that area. Pick an address that is like or 2 different than one of the homes for sale. For example: you see a house for sale that is at 55 South Maple Street. Use 57 South Maple Street.
3. Call Directv and tell them you moved to that fake address. There was a dish there and everything works just fine, you just wanted to keep them up to date.
4. Tell them that you haven't informed your bank of the change yet and not to change the billing address yet.
5. That's it! Takes less than 3 minutes.

Thanks guys, did the move this morning, and it worked like a charm. They did want to send someone to the house, but I told them it was all hooked up and good to go.
I just used google maps, found a street and went to the end of it, took the last numbered house and added a couple of hundred to the house number for my new address.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)