Questions about LNB and Tuners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

samvonac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Hi,

I am new to satellite tv and considering switching to Directv after many years with cable. I still have analog cable so adding tvs was as simple as splitting the coaxial cable....

I understant that with satellite there is a limit to the number of TVs that can be hooked up. I have 5 tvs in the house and I want to have dual tuner receives on two of these tvs. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am new to satellite tv and considering switching to Directv after many years with cable. I still have analog cable so adding tvs was as simple as splitting the coaxial cable....

I understant that with satellite there is a limit to the number of TVs that can be hooked up. I have 5 tvs in the house and I want to have dual tuner receives on two of these tvs. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Sure! You need a Zinwell multiswitch that has 8 outputs. I don't know the model number exactly, something like the 6x8.

Thanks for all the responses. So, do I need to purchase this equipment prior to Directv coming out to do the install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)