Questions about The Hopper?

A 2nd Hopper has the $7 fee just like a Joey
Right, for a piece of equipment that is 3x more expensive to produce. So instead of charging more per month for hoppers, they are recouping some of the costs by requiring joeys. Hate to say it, but it sounds reasonable. Would you rather the extra Hopper be $17/mo (or more) like the dual-tuner ViP DVRs are, just so you wouldn't have the paired Joey requirement?

We all know that the number of Hoppers ordered cannot be greater than the number of Joeys ordered. If someone orders an equal number of Hoppers/Joeys and then deactivates a Joey, I would be surprised if that doesn't work.

Is Dish really going to tell someone.. "Sorry, you can't deactivate that Joey. You have to deactivate the Hopper instead, but oh by the way, your system will have to be rewired since a Hopper is being removed."

If anyone is going to attempt to remove their "extra" Joey, please post back here with your results.

I think the reason is Dish wants the extra $7 a month, since the Hopper does not have that extra fee.

A 2nd Hopper has the $7 fee just like a Joey

I was stating why they probably would not accept only a single Hopper.

They do accept single Hopper installs. Mine is scheduled for this Saturday. I will pay the $10 fee, which i believe is $6 for DVRand $4 for whole home DVR fee for the single Hopper...same total that I pay today for a 922.

The better question is, why wouldn't you want more than one Hopper? Not only do you get more recording space and tuners but its the same monthly price of a Joey. It's just another $7 fee.

The more you can record at the same time. There has been several times I needed five tuners. One time I needed six.

I was quoted $100 upgrade + $15 for tech 1 Hopper 1 Joey (on chat)
but I have 4 TV'S one 722 and one 322 so I was thinking the upgrade would allow 1 Hopper 3 Joeys am I wrong
seemed like the rep was avoiding the fact that I have 4 TV's and instead tried to sell me on STARZ with no promotion at all just " If you don't like it you can always cancel it " I know it's still early so the confusion is high and they confused the H#LL out of me, next step is to get one of those DIRTY guys;) in on it or call

PS. I'm new be gentle, HI EVERYBODY!

Thanks laddy, I think he/she was trying to give me the 1H 1J and keep the 322 but i don't want to keep the 322 no point if I have a Hopper in the house

Dish doesn't allow any of the older receivers to stay on the same account as the Hopper system anyway. Go through a DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) member here. Send a private message to any of the names in red that are listed on the front page at the bottom or ask to be contacted by DIRT in the Hopper Upgrade thread on this page.

I have 65 timers, will a USB or Bluetooth keyboard work with the hopper? Seems to me it would be faster to type them in than using the remote.

Is the esata port active for the ehd?

Thanks.

I have 65 timers, will a USB or Bluetooth keyboard work with the hopper? Seems to me it would be faster to type them in than using the remote.

Is the esata port active for the ehd?

Thanks.

How many of those timers are for network prime time programs? Skip the timers for those and let PTAT do all the work for you.

jbernardi said:
How many of those timers are for network prime time programs? Skip the timers for those and let PTAT do all the work for you.

Unfortunately very few. I thought about using dish online and add recordings from there but it seems in the past that it was hit or miss it writing over to my receiver.

Maybe they will add keyboards in a future up date with an integrated browser like chrome, or just add google tv directly I to the unit.

In my case I have 77 timers. I'm sure some of them are outdated. Only 4 of them would be in PTAT, and 8 are on either PBS subchannels or on a PBS station not in my DMA.

Is it possible to transfer the timers and settings from a 922 to a Hopper using a 922 remote control? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

Thanks,
Barbara
Its been mentioned that it wont work. Which for me means I'll have to redo all my timers from memory since my 922 died Wednesday.

(quoted from a different thread)
When you press recall it brings up the last four channels you've been to.
Is there a way to turn this off?
When I press recall I WANT it to just switch between the current channel and the last channel, nothing more.

Yes, it can be turn off. There is actually a little message at the bottom that tells you how. I believe you just press the *format button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)