Questions about the new XiP Receivers?

I have been out of contract for a few years now ... to get HD on all my TVs though ... I may bite ...

But ... I see things adding up real fast.

1. 813
2. OTA unit
3. 110 unit
4. New dish? (I have a 1000.2 ... so hopefully not)
and apparently no Sling and maybe not available to existing customers.........

I think the point is moot ... regardless of the technology ... Dish will in some way f** up a wet dream .... there will be tuner charges, 110 charges, more than 2 813's getting some hokie surcharge, or that the dual 813 won't work like it should.. and have crappy performance, or cause even more randomness than they've had across all their lines for all their time in existance..

Never under estimate the ability of dish to disappoint.

(I guess I'm *that* guy .. I *had* high hopes for dish ... but they've all been burned and axed and run over, and burned again, before getting swept up, put into the ash can where additional kindling is added to burn hopes yet again ... *that* guy)

What do you mean? This receiver better be spectacular upon launch because all their engineers have been working on it. ;) It's pretty obvious they haven't been working on anything else...

What do you mean? This receiver better be spectacular upon launch because all their engineers have been working on it. ;) It's pretty obvious they haven't been working on anything else...
Maybe their SuperMario scores have been getting better? :)

Cue 36 month contracts

What's that mean........?

Example.. to upgrade back in December to my 722k's and HD ... I had to make a 24 month commitment ...

So the concept here is that to get an 813 system upgrade.. that Dish would put it under a 36 month commitment.

Next time:p, I strongly recommend regular coffee:coffee, not the decaf.. or maybe go straight to the espresso shooters, thus getting a kick start to the noggin'. :rolleyes:

:D

Does everyone on here take any news and just turn it into a negative on here? I suppose if you don't get your hopes up too high it's easier to be surprised by Dish though. LOL.

Example.. to upgrade back in December to my 722k's and HD ... I had to make a 24 month commitment ...

So the concept here is that to get an 813 system upgrade.. that Dish would put it under a 36 month commitment.

Next time:p, I strongly recommend regular coffee:coffee, not the decaf.. or maybe go straight to the espresso shooters, thus getting a kick start to the noggin'. :rolleyes:

:D
Thank you for cleaning up the mess.......your insult directed my way is unfortunate though.

Last edited:
Does everyone on here take any news and just turn it into a negative on here? I suppose if you don't get your hopes up too high it's easier to be surprised by Dish though. LOL.
Pretty much. They've all been burned one too many times by Dish's buggy hardware/software and broken promises. This is nothing compared to how they all were during the Team Summit.

It is a 3 year commitment now? ... Y U C K ...

If the price is not too bad though ... I still may bite ... Dish is still the cheapest out there with a good DVR.

It is a 3 year commitment now? ... Y U C K ...
:rolleyes: where's a double face palm when you need it..

*NO*No No a MILLION TIMES no.. :rant:

... what was said was:
Cue 36 month contracts
meaning a suggestion that dish might do something like that to up the ante... to keep customers longer by using the threat of early disconnection causing a greater financial burden to someone that might want the 813's and would "accept" such a term.

As the great CF says: I look forward to your unsarcastic letters.

:rolleyes: where's a double face palm when you need it..
It's always available.;)
double-facepalm.jpg

Okay ... so this may have been answered in the 32 pages of this topic ... how is this thing going to work - the 813 that is?

I see the satellite in ... I see the phone in.

Where is the "out"? How will that work?

My 722 has an "out" for example. This is how my second TV gets its video.

How will it work for the 813?

Okay ... so this may have been answered in the 32 pages of this topic ... how is this thing going to work - the 813 that is?

I see the satellite in ... I see the phone in.

Where is the "out"? How will that work?

My 722 has an "out" for example. This is how my second TV gets its video.

How will it work for the 813?

The same way it came in. It's not sent back out as a video signal you can connect into your TV, but instead as 1's and 0's that the 110 turns back into video and sends it to the remote TV. Essentially, DISH is creating a small fast network using coax cable as the media.

I'm not sure if it was answered in this thread, but it is covered in the information and pictures that Scott originally provided and can also be found here. In particular there is a diagram that shows how it all links up.
Basically the XiP813 DVR and the XiP110 clients are all connected via a coax network technology called MoCA. Therefore there is no need for a specific connection for TV2, TV3, etc.

I really hope Dish gets it right with these units. I'm really excited about them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)