quick H24 18" setup ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zhdrummer

Original poster
Jun 28, 2016
Oregon
Using a H24, If I change my 3lnb slimline to a 18" round, do I remove the SWM power? I understand I will lose HD and need to select 18" dish and multiswitch in setup.
If curious, reason is, I can't get all transponders in this campground. I'm either tree blocked or my 3lnb dish might have a dent? I have a old 18" I can try but don't know about removing the powered SWM. Thanks!

Using a H24, If I change my 3lnb slimline to a 18" round, do I remove the SWM power? I understand I will lose HD and need to select 18" dish and multiswitch in setup.
If curious, reason is, I can't get all transponders in this campground. I'm either tree blocked or my 3lnb dish might have a dent? I have a old 18" I can try but don't know about removing the powered SWM. Thanks!
:welcome to Satelliteguys Zhdrummer!
Yes, you have to remove the power inserter. You may be picking up the wrong satellite, 110 instead of 101.

Sorry, I read your post wrong. Leave the power inserter in place with the swm setup.

Chip, you were right the first time ....

OP, remove the power inserter... the recvr will supply the voltage to the lnb with the old 18" dish ....

PS, why can't the keyboard just type what I type instead of having to go back and change everything ?

That's what I get for answering on my phone when I can barely read the small type.

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts