Quickcrete, Grout, Cement?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A few hundred feet is rather far for the cable run. Members here have runs of 100', 150', and even 200'+, but someone reported trouble controlling a motor at 260'.

If you consider a long cable run, be sure to use quality quad shield RG-6 cable :)

ok, i have to ask, what about treated 4x4 wood posts....

I used pressure treated 4x4 for DirecTV and it was unsatisfactory. I had to realign the dish every 3-4 months for about 2-years when the post would twist one way when it was hot and dry and twist another when it was cold and wet. Finally after time and a gallon or so of Thompson's water-treatment it stabilized and has been OK for the last 6 years. Maybe I got a 4x4 with crooked grain. Dunno.

Yep, using a wooden post to mount a dish is against SBCA rules also for the above reason!

ok, before i bite the bullet and bury a metal post in the field thats in the pic, i think i may give one of these light post a try( removing the light of course, they are not needed) bearing in mind any one of the 3 choices are a few hundred feet from the house,, the building these posts are attached to is across my driveway/parking lot on a separate 1000sqr ft. bldg thats on my property?any helpful suggetsions would be great, i know roof clearance is going to be an issue depening on which way the dish has to face for true south, and willing to cut down trees!, putting up a Geosat Pro 90cm and a motor, thanks

Attachments

• fielda.JPG
    fielda.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 134
  • light2c.JPG
    light2c.JPG
    881.5 KB · Views: 159
  • light1.JPG
    light1.JPG
    344.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
The light post seems like the best/only choice you have, I would cut one just above the height of the bottom of the roof, and mount the dish there.

Man thats not the most conducive view for satellite reception.

Where there is a will there is a way!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)