R15 - No Live TV button ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hycotuss

Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Just installed this thing today, already noticing its inferiority to my 40 hour TiVo DVR, only reason I upgraded was for the higher recording time.

Can't seem to find a button to switch between the two tuners??!! Seems like the only way to switch back and forth between two shows is to be recording two shows then goto the "List" area.

My old DVR has the "Live TV" button that just swaps back and forth between the two feeds at will - please tell me this is possible with this thing! If not I've made a horrible mistake. :mad:

There is no toggle button.
The unit does not have dual buffers, so there is nothing to toggle between.

There is no toggle button.
The unit does not have dual buffers, so there is nothing to toggle between.

That is so frustrating, my blood pressure is going up trying to figure this POS out. No buffers then what's the point of having 2 feeds?? Who are the idiots making this thing. I understood it was not a "tivo" going into the purchase but I assumed they would emulate it as closely as possible. Guess not.

I'd rather have my 2 30 minute buffers than caller ID... great

That is so frustrating, my blood pressure is going up trying to figure this POS out. No buffers then what's the point of having 2 feeds?? Who are the idiots making this thing. I understood it was not a "tivo" going into the purchase but I assumed they would emulate it as closely as possible. Guess not.

I'd rather have my 2 30 minute buffers than caller ID... great

The point of having 2 feeds, is to record two things at once.
It has two tuners... it doesn't have two live buffers.

The R15 is almost a year old now...
There is a lot of information out there about what the R15 exactly does, and how it compares to a TiVo.

Just installed this thing today, already noticing its inferiority to my 40 hour TiVo DVR, only reason I upgraded was for the higher recording time.

Can't seem to find a button to switch between the two tuners??!! Seems like the only way to switch back and forth between two shows is to be recording two shows then goto the "List" area.

My old DVR has the "Live TV" button that just swaps back and forth between the two feeds at will - please tell me this is possible with this thing! If not I've made a horrible mistake. :mad:

I feel your pain. Wait till you notice that the R-15 won't filter out repeats.... I'm still using my Phillips DSR 7000 as my primary box. Luckily I got the R-15 for free. D* said they hoped to fix this problem some time in 2007.

I feel your pain. Wait till you notice that the R-15 won't filter out repeats.... I'm still using my Phillips DSR 7000 as my primary box. Luckily I got the R-15 for free. D* said they hoped to fix this problem some time in 2007.

Latest update F1 improves on that significantly

The point of having 2 feeds, is to record two things at once.
It has two tuners... it doesn't have two live buffers.

The R15 is almost a year old now...
There is a lot of information out there about what the R15 exactly does, and how it compares to a TiVo.

BELOW IS AN HONEST ACCOUNT (NOT A SHILL FILLED LIST) OF THE MAIN R15 SHORTCOMINGS

1 - NO REAL SEARCH CAABILITIES

2 - NO DUAL LIVE BUFFERS, BECAUSE THE GOOFS DEIGING THE BOX LISTENED TO OTHER GOOFS ( HIS ID IS IN THE QUOTE ABOVE) AND NOT REAL PEOPLE ON WHAT THEY WANTED IN A BOX

3 - NO RATING SHOWS

4 - NO RELIABILITY ON SHOWS RECORDING (MISSES THEM ALL THE TIME

5 - DOES NOT USE THE FULL GUIDE DATA (IF IT DID, WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH NON-MISSED SHOWS)

6 - NO REAL DEEP HISTORY LIST ..TO SAY WHY DID NOT RECORD / WHY WAS DELETED

7 - STUPID IGNORANT 50 SERIES LINK LIMIT / ONLY 1 LINK PER SHOW

8 - TO DO LIST STUPID 100 LIMIT

9 - NO SAVED SEARCH LIST

O YEA SHILL, OOPS I MEAN SUPER MODERATOR (ROTFLMAO) .. O YEA THIS BOX IS SOOOOOOOOO ADVANCED...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IT IS A MMMMMMAAAAJJJOOOORRRRRR STEP BACKWARDS

ANYONE WHO IS NOT BEGGING FOR FREEBIES AND PLAYIN THE CORP CLIMB GAME, WOULD REALIZE IT

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.