R15 Release Date?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
TheOneVader said:
I've been researching the R15 and I heard there's a possibility that you cannot record two shows and watch one of the shows being recorded. It's also rumored that you cannto record two programs and watch a pre-recorded show. You can do these on a DirecTV TiVo, right?

Yes, you can do this on a Directivo. No one really knows as of yet if you can do this on the R15, but I'd be truly amazed if you couldn't. The only thing I really don't like at all about the R15 is Directv taking over space on your hard drive for PPV crap. I really hope they don't do this with their HD-DVR that's coming out next year or I'm gone from Directv after my HD-Tivo doesn't work with them anymore.

kbohip said:
Yes, you can do this on a Directivo. No one really knows as of yet if you can do this on the R15, but I'd be truly amazed if you couldn't. The only thing I really don't like at all about the R15 is Directv taking over space on your hard drive for PPV crap. I really hope they don't do this with their HD-DVR that's coming out next year or I'm gone from Directv after my HD-Tivo doesn't work with them anymore.
i truly resent the arrogant notion that someone else knows more about what i need than i do, and is willing to tie up my hardware to please me. what a crock, i order PPV just over once a year, and the idea that over 60 gig of my hard drive is going to be tied up with their imaginations of what i 'have' to have available . . jeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz . . lol
i'm upgrading my samsung now with two 400 gig drives, should have a bit of space available when done, though the current software won't even recognize the whole 400, closer to just under 300 gig each but i can live with that

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
We activated a customer's Tivo without a phone line. What do you mean by this? :confused:

You may have "activated" the service, but until the D-Tivo makes an initial setup call, it will never record shows. They can take it to someone with a landline & make the initial setup call, after which the phone line is not needed.

DesignDawg said:
No, absolutely you will not. Some anti-anything-that-isn't-a-TiVo people came up with this ridiculous "news" out of thin air, after hearing how the new boxes are going to offer video on demand by pre-recording movies and letting you pay to watch them later.
According to the infamous r15 manual, the default setting when you record a ppv channel is "record now, pay when you watch it", but you can also choose "Record, Buy Now" as an option. (page 34 in the manual)

I think the All-Day-Tickets are bought when you record, though.

... but who knows?? We won't know for sure untill it comes out!
:)

DesignDawg said:
No, absolutely you will not. Some anti-anything-that-isn't-a-TiVo people came up with this ridiculous "news" out of thin air, after hearing how the new boxes are going to offer video on demand by pre-recording movies and letting you pay to watch them later. So, as so often happens, this got twisted around to some situation where you can no longer get PPV movies from the regular PPV channels, and you'll have to pay every time you want to watch the movie. It's been debunked, but since when did that stop anybody?

Ricky

It's been "debunked"? By whom and where?

And, even if so, we'll still have to wait until the box is released to know for sure.

I just don't understand why anyone who wants a DVR for DirecTV would want to wait for an unproven box when they can have a proven box today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)