Random Thoughts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Mid-week thoughts...

1. Went to the Yankee game last night. The beginning of the game was like the beginning of a world series game. Crowd was electric, Joba was way too over-pumped. For the first time ever he walked three batters in an inning, the first. He'll settle down in later starts.

2. How did Pedro do last night? Got home late and went right to sleep.

3. Good for the NHL. A game like that is exactly what they needed. Now they need game seven to happen.

4. Who won, the Celtics or the Lakers? I forget.

5. Hoping for beach weather this weekend. I worked too hard the last six months to stay indoors!

6. I watched my nephew play T-ball the other day...the T stands for Tedious.

7. Dads at kids sports can be lecherous...

8. Does anybody watch college women's softball? Not me, and I love almost every sport there is.

9. Do guys stop watching the French Open when Maria Sharapova is eliminated, and takes her long legs and short skirts with her?

10. Why isn't Rescue Me coming back on this month?

11. Check out my Jessica Simpson thread in the chit chat forum. I'm curious to know sports fans' opinion as well. She's one celebrity I just don't get.

12. Do Red Wing fans want to win game six on the road, or wait until game seven to win at home, risking not winning at all?

13. I love watching Jordan Farmar and Rony Turiaf cheering for their team from the bench. They're having a lot of fun.

14. What's up with baseball's left coast? The Mariners stink, the Padres stink, the Giants smell just a little bit...and heading eastward the Rockies are the worst of them all.

15. Felt good to get back into the pool Monday night and start training from my next triathlon.

16. Goodness I have so many more things to buy...a better bike seat, shifters at the end of my aero bars, a thin belt to hold my race number so you don't have to pin it on a bouncing tri-top, a pair of those really cool sunglasses people were wearing...the list goes on and on. Yep, I'm hooked.

16. The more I listen to Mike and Mike the more I like them.

17. Can this be the year the Cubs finally got it right???

18. The Yankees' middle relief was bad even with Joba. Now it stinks.

19. Going to a major league game where pitchers can't throw strikes is as bad as watching 6-year-olds play t-ball.

20. I was in the Colisseum in Rome a couple of years ago, and it makes your skin tingle because you know you're walking where Caesar walked. Walking into Yankee Stadium gives you that same feeling. Amazing.

21. New York City subways are so much better and safer now than I remember when I was a kid. In fact, the whole city was made safer by Giuliani.

22. It seems like everywhere in the City you see a policeman (or four) and that's a good thing.

23. Now I have to train wearing two bras to get used to it...ugh.

24. I was serioiusly hoping I'd see Mike Richter at the triathlon, he races in them now and the race was up in his neck of the woods. For my money he was better than Henrik, although Henrik can still pass him.

25. I also had a dream I saw Henrik at the triathlon, and he was wearing those tight little tri shorts. Oh yes, it was a VERY good dream!

Sandra

#10 - Writers strike has probably pushed this under-watched show till fall. Can't wait.

#12 - Winning tonight is what I want. Almost had a coronary watching the last game. Besides, I don't have tickets for the game.

1. Went to the Yankee game last night. The beginning of the game was like the beginning of a world series game. Crowd was electric, Joba was way too over-pumped. For the first time ever he walked three batters in an inning, the first. He'll settle down in later starts. I will forever associate Joba with the Midges that attacked him in last year's ALDS in Cleveland.

5. Hoping for beach weather this weekend. I worked too hard the last six months to stay indoors! Me too, although for other reasons. I am looking to purchase my first outdoor smoker this weekend. I will be outside all Saturday drinking Corona's and tending to well seasoned racks of ribs! The forecast for the weekend here in Cleveland is 85°-90°F and sunny! The smell that will be permeating from my backyard will have all the neighbors and their dogs salivating in envy!!!!

8. Does anybody watch college women's softball? Not me, and I love almost every sport there is. I tune in from time to time in search for the next Jenny Finch. She really put that sport on the map.

9. Do guys stop watching the French Open when Maria Sharapova is eliminated, and takes her long legs and short skirts with her? Womans Tennis, yes. As for the men's, there is some great matchups on the horizon. The No. 3-seeded Novak Djokovic will play No. 2 Rafael Nadal in a much-anticipated showdown Friday, with No. 1 Roger Federer looming as a potential opponent for the winner in the final.

Mid-week thoughts...

2. How did Pedro do last night? Got home late and went right to sleep.

4. Who won, the Celtics or the Lakers? I forget.

7. Dads at kids sports can be lecherous...

9. Do guys stop watching the French Open when Maria Sharapova is eliminated, and takes her long legs and short skirts with her?

12. Do Red Wing fans want to win game six on the road, or wait until game seven to win at home, risking not winning at all?

14. What's up with baseball's left coast? The Mariners stink, the Padres stink, the Giants smell just a little bit...and heading eastward the Rockies are the worst of them all.

Sandra

2. Pedro won by pitching six innings and allowing three runs on seven hits against the Giants

7. You should see the Simpsons parody game 'Hockey Dad.'

Here's a link:
Simpsons' Hockey Dad on Yahoo! Video

9. I pay attention, because the field is wide open. Maria's out, both Williams sisters are out, and Henin retired before the tournament. Now, anybody can win!

12. This is interesting, because you went through the same dilemma as a Rangers fan in 1994

14. Yes, the teams you mentioned stink, but the Angels are good, and the A's are not as horrific as I'd thought they would be

I cant watch Women's softball. The pitching is too overpowering. I think if they want to improve the game they should move the mound back.

It seems a team occasionally has a decent hitter or two but most of the players end up trying to slap the ball and that bores me.

PS

"23. Now I have to train wearing two bras..."

ME TOO! And Im a guy!....maybe I should get the "bro"

Sport's Bras don't do the trick?

I wore the Zoot sports bra, which is specifically made for triathletes and no, it didn't do the trick. There was waaaaaaaaay too much jiggling going on, which bothers me whiile I'm running...especially while I'm wearing the really tight tri-top over it. No danger of anything falling out while you're wearing a sports bra, they're completely surrounded, but I do need more control.

I went to a triathlete forum and there were a number of suggestions, different sports bras among them, but a few girls also said to try wearing two regular bras. I'm going to try that in training and see how it works for me.

Sandra

I wore the Zoot sports bra, which is specifically made for triathletes and no, it didn't do the trick. There was waaaaaaaaay too much jiggling going on, which bothers me whiile I'm running...especially while I'm wearing the really tight tri-top over it. No danger of anything falling out while you're wearing a sports bra, they're completely surrounded, but I do need more control.

I went to a triathlete forum and there were a number of suggestions, different sports bras among them, but a few girls also said to try wearing two regular bras. I'm going to try that in training and see how it works for me.

Sandra

Wow. Excuse me in advance, but you must have some whoppers!

1. Went to the Yankee game last night. The beginning of the game was like the beginning of a world series game. Crowd was electric, Joba was way too over-pumped. For the first time ever he walked three batters in an inning, the first. He'll settle down in later starts. I will forever associate Joba with the Midges that attacked him in last year's ALDS in Cleveland.

Hopefully over time Joba will make everyone else associate him with Cy Young awards and, more importantly, world championships.

Sandra

#10 Starting 6/24 at 10 PM, FX is going to show 10, five minute "minisodes", one each week. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

I cant watch Women's softball. The pitching is too overpowering. I think if they want to improve the game they should move the mound back.

It seems a team occasionally has a decent hitter or two but most of the players end up trying to slap the ball and that bores me.
I agree that the pitching is overpowering. I think the base paths need to be lengthened as well as moving the pitching circle back. Today's players are much better athletes than what was available when the rules were set.

But I still watch, much to my wife's chagrin. She knows why I am watching. I am really sorry I missed the 11-0 blowout by Arizona State last night. I knew I couldn't be home for it and FORGOT to record it. But I did get to see the last Texas A&M game against Florida and the first Arizona State/Texas A&M game. Both were really well played. The Texas A&M/Florida game was by the far the best women's softball game I have ever seen. It was a real pity that somebody had to lose.

And how about that Katie Burkhart (Sun Devils pitcher)? Incredible. How does anybody ever make contact against her?

Texas A&M game against Florida and the first Arizona State/Texas A&M game. Both were really well played. The Texas A&M/Florida game was by the far the best women's softball game I have ever seen. It was a real pity that somebody had to lose.

Perhaps A&M used up all their energy against Florida and had nothing left for Arizona State?

I agree that the pitching is overpowering. I think the base paths need to be lengthened as well as moving the pitching circle back. Today's players are much better athletes than what was available when the rules were set.

I actually think the same about basketball. I think atheletes have outgrown the dimensions of the game. I want 11' foot rims, larger baskets and a wider court.

The players today are just too quick and jump too high for the dimensions of old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts