Random Thoughts

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Back by popular demand...OK not really, but I'm going to do it anyway. :)

Sit back and relax, I have a lot to get off my...um...chest. Could take a while! :D

1. Can you imagine if after college basketball conference tournaments ended everything stopped, and no games were played until March Madness started ONE MONTH LATER? We're all used to it in football, but when you think about it, it's bizarre.

2. Gary Danielson is a fantastic analyst for CBS SEC football. Understated, intelligent, describes what's happening, why it happened, what may happen next, and what strategy teams need to employ to succeed. And it's never about Gary Danielson. The opposite of...

3. Vitale was just making my ears bleed during Butler-Georgetown. Diaper Dandies, PtPers, etc., was all new and fresh 20 years ago. Now it's just so old. The extent of his analysis is 'Awesome baby!'. Thanks Dick.

4. Because of family, friend and other commitments, this past Sunday was the first time I've been able to sit and watch the Red Zone Channel at 1 PM and watch all the way through. I love Andrew Siciliano, and the entire concept of the channel. They've improved the production, too. They'be gotten even better at switching from game to game.

5. Another great NFL Films Presents this week, showing some Nigerian players returning to Nigeria, and the offensive line coach of the Colts and the defensive line coach of the Titans, who are good friends, traveling together across South Africa. Riveting.

6. The Colts are amazing. Well, Peyton Manning is amazing in particular. The Colts are trying to lose a game, so they don't have to carry the undefeated burden into December or the playoffs, but Peyton won't let them. What he does, week after week...I keep telling my nephews to watch him, because there won't be another one like him for a long time. Not just his incredible talent and will to win, the way he controls the game from the line of scrimmage is just phenomenal.

7. Did anyone see No Country For Old Men? Curious to what your opinion is. Good movie, but totally not what I was expecting. Don't want to give the plot away, but I will say it was almost like watching two different movies. One plot line was related to the other one, but had very little to actually do with it. And one of the plot lines was amazing to watch, so exciting, and the other one...not so much.

8. I get the feeling the Iverson honeymoon period is already starting to wind down.

9. Hey Mark Sanchez...Just sit down and shut up for a change. Your coach wants you to sit...so sit. Hopefully you have a long career ahead of you, and at this point I still hope it's in NY. I've been giving you a pass because your coach acts like a buffoon, but your California Boy histrionics are starting to wear really thin.

10. Hey Cleveland basketball...believe in karma yet? Would have been very appropriate to see Rudy Gay and the Memphis Grizzlies dancing on the sidelines after they beat Cleveland the other day. For some reason they chose not to, as did the Houston Rockets last night.

11. Methinks you will see a lot of baseball activity over the next week or two. Groundwork is laid at the meetings and then phone lines start buzzing.

12. The Rangers sent their backup goalie to the minors, and called up their new backup goalie...Chad Johnson. I'm not kidding. He wears number 29 though. Another cutie, as is Valiquette and of course Henrik.

13. I still have a bunch of Wipeouts from the summer I haven't watched, and I'm greatly looking forward to it. It's like saving a fine wine and opening it when the time is just right.

14. Sandra thinks she's getting engaged for the holidays. Just a hunch. Hopefully another Thanksgiving with my wacky family didn't change his mind.

15. The guidos and guidettes they show on MTV's Jersey Shore are most likely from Staten Island, not New Jersey. They're all BENNIES!!! As an Italian-American Jersey Shore girl, I find their depiction to be...pretty funny. But while people like this do exist, thinking all of the Jersey Shore is like that is like thinking everyone from Ohio is a farmer with rotten teeth, everyone in Florida is 90 years old or a Long Island princess, everyone in LA is playing on the same field as Adam Lambert, everyone in Kentucky marries their cousin, etc.

16. My unmarried cousin is a cheerleader for Utah State, I recently mentioned here she would be on TV that night...and I totally forgot to watch! Bad cousin Sandra. My mom called to ask if I watched and I could not lie to my mom...

17. Took a month off after my last race, and it was diffult getting into my winter training regimen this time. I don't start training for my next race (in May) until early March, so over the winter I do maintenance. All kind of different workouts. It took me until after Thanksgiving to get to the gym five times a week, but now I'm back. Yay!

18. Not a Belicheck fan, but I supported his decision to go for it on fourth down against the Colts. I truly think he knows his team better than anyone else, and he thought that gave him the best chance to win. That said, some of the things he's done since then have been very strange.

19. The Warriors play no defense. I mean zero. Nellie must not sleep well at night.

20. I said it before...Danilo Gallineri has game. He can play. The Knicks may not be as pathetic as I thought. Not good, of course, but not pathetic either, which is good, since one of Isiah's going away presents is that we don't have our 2010 draft pick, and it's not lottery protected.

21. My boyfriend's favorite actress after seeing some movie where people are stranded on an island or something, is Kelly Brook. He's amazed that while she's British, she does the Hugh Laurie thing and talks with a flawless American accent. Please. I think there are a couple of other reasons he likes her. :rolleyes:

22. I'm not sure if I can possibly care less who wins the Heisman Trophy. Wait, I am sure. I could not care less.

23. The Sacto Kings are holding $1 beer night on December 16, and the game is on ESPN. Tune in...

24. You have to wonder when the Tiger Woods revelations will ever end. Funny how we went from the Friday after Thanksgiving when so many were saying we should leave his private life alone, to now, when more and more of his private life is thrown into our faces every day. Who knew he was such a wild man?

25. I don't trust anything Tim Donaghy says. He's a criminal, and he's trying to sell books. Next.

26. Rose Bowl should be a lot of fun. One team has a dual threat QB who is really coming into his own as both a passer and a runner...and the Buckeyes have Terrelle Pryor!

Sandra

Last edited:
3. Vitale was just making my ears bleed during Butler-Georgetown. Diaper Dandies, PtPers, etc., was all new and fresh 20 years ago. Now it's just so old. The extent of his analysis is 'Awesome baby!'. Thanks Dick.
Uh, so then by that standard Bill Raferty needs some new lines too. Right?

7. Did anyone see Old Country For Old Men? Curious to what your opinion is. Good movie, but totally not what I was expecting. Don't want to give the plot away, but I will say it was almost like watching two different movies. One plot line was related to the other one, but had very little to actually do with it. And one of the plot lines was amazing to watch, so exciting, and the other one...not so much.

You must be talking about the Cardinals/Vikings game. :D

14. Sandra thinks she's getting engaged for the holidays. Just a hunch. Hopefully another Thansgiving with my wacky family didn't change his mind.
Good luck.

23. The Sacto Kings are holding $1 beer night on December 16, and the game is on ESPN. Tune in...
This is a disater recipe.

10. Hey Cleveland basketball...believe in karma yet? Would have been very appropriate to see Rudy Gay and the Memphis Grizzlies dancing on the sidelines after they beat Cleveland the other day. For some reason they chose not to, as did the Houston Rockets last night.
According to some here, that would be OK too!!

14. Sandra thinks she's getting engaged for the holidays. Just a hunch. Hopefully another Thansgiving with my wacky family didn't change his mind.
Potential congrats to you both!! BTW - Since when does Sandra refer to Sandra in the third person?? ;)

25. I don't trust anything Tim Donaghy says. He's a criminal, and he's trying to sell books. Next.
Similar statements were made about Canseco a few years ago. He's shown to be right about a lot more than we wanted to believe. Time will tell....

6. The Colts are amazing. Well, Peyton Manning is amazing in particular. The Colts are trying to lose a game, so they don't have to carry the undefeated burden into December or the playoffs, but Peyton won't let them. What he does, week after week...I keep telling my nephews to watch him, because there won't be another one like him for a long time. Not just his incredible talent and will to win, the way he controls the game from the line of scrimmage is just phenomenal.

Agree. I envision myself telling stories of Peyton to my future kids/grand kids. He's a remarkable talent. I just hope to God nothing ever tarnishes his accomplishments. He's one of the last squeaky clean players out there.

7. Did anyone see Old Country For Old Men? Curious to what your opinion is. Good movie, but totally not what I was expecting. Don't want to give the plot away, but I will say it was almost like watching two different movies. One plot line was related to the other one, but had very little to actually do with it. And one of the plot lines was amazing to watch, so exciting, and the other one...not so much.

Yes. While I thought it was decent, I didn't think it deserved nearly the amount of accolades it received.

Don't start. LeBron and the Cavs don't deserve bad karma for a simple jig. As a matter of fact, another hex is the last thing this city needs. We've been cursed since 1964. Please excuse our team for being a tad-bit excitable when things for one of our teams are actually looking up.

Marriage is known as an institution for a reason. ;) J/K. Congrats if it happens!

15. The guidos and guidettes they show on MTV's Jersey Shore are most likely from Staten Island, not New Jersey. They're all BENNIES!!! As an Italian-American Jersey Shore girl, I find their depiction to be...pretty funny. But while people like this do exist, thinking all of the Jersey Shore is like that is like thinking everyone from Ohio is a farmer with rotten teeth, everyone in Florida is 90 years old or a Long Island princess, everyone in LA is playing on the same field as Adam Lambert, everyone in Kentucky marries their cousin, etc.

:eek: You've never been to Ohio, have you? Particularly Cleveland? I live in an urban area just outside of the city. We have all of the amenties as Jersey, Chicago, NY, etc. Funny though. You made me laugh out loud. :D

20. I said it before...Danilo Gallineri has game. He can play. The Knicks may not be as pathetic as I thought. Not good, of course, but not pathetic either, which is good, since one of Isiah's going away presents is that we don't have our 2010 draft pick, and it's not lottery protected.

I thought I recalled someone poo-pooing that draft pick a few years ago? Hmmm.

21. My boyfriend's favorite actress after seeing some movie where people are stranded on and island or something, is Kelly Brook. He's amazed that while she's British, she does the Hugh Laurie thing and talks with a flawless American accent. Please. I think there are a couple of other reasons he likes her. :rolleyes:

Just googled her. Not bad at all! :heart

Cleveland did a nickle beer night years back and it ended in disaster. This should be amusing. I'll have to tune in! :)

24. You have to wonder when the Tiger Woods revelations will ever end. Funny how we went from the Friday after Thanksgiving when so many were saying we should leave his private life alone, to now, when more and more of his private life is thrown into our faces every day. Who knew he was such a wild man?

Shocked the hell out of me, that's for sure. I'm not sure how soon he will be able to get back to golf, but I can only imagine the shouts of "GET IT IN THE HOLE" after each drive will take on a whole new meaning! ;) :)

This is my new favorite show. What a bunch of douchebags those guys are. Gotta love Jersey. :D

This is my new favorite show. What a bunch of douchebags those guys are. Gotta love Jersey. :D

I hear next they're filming a show about hillbillies who never went to school and roll tobacco 22 hours a day. Gotta love North Carolina! :D

Sandra

I hear next they're filming a show about hillbillies who never went to school and roll tobacco 22 hours a day. Gotta love North Carolina! :D

Sandra
They already did. Have you ever seen that HBO show Eastside and Down? It's about a washed up redneck pitcher like John Rocker. Totally hilarious and it's set in NC. The guy behaves just like NC State fans do. :D

They already did. Have you ever seen that HBO show Eastside and Down? It's about a washed up redneck pitcher like John Rocker. Totally hilarious and it's set in NC. The guy behaves just like NC State fans do. :D

Did the guy drive a pickup truck, have a dog named Bubba, eat roadkill for dinner, brush his tooth twice a month and leave his trailer to his 'kinfolk? Gotta love Carolina! :D

Sandra

I see what you did there.

Did the guy drive a pickup truck, have a dog named Bubba, eat roadkill for dinner, brush his tooth twice a month and leave his trailer to his 'kinfolk? Gotta love Carolina! :D

Sandra
No. He was just like John Rocker. He had a mullet, cussed all the time, did drugs, and thought he was a badass.

I'm picturing a boy sitting on a porch playing a banjo deep in the heart of Carolina! :eek:

Sandra
You don't have picture it.

21051.jpg

Sit back and relax, I have a lot to get off my...um...chest. Could take a while! :D

8. I get the feeling the Iverson honeymoon period is already starting to wind down.

After just two games? That's a quick assessment.

9. Hey Mark Sanchez...Just sit down and shut up for a change. Your coach wants you to sit...so sit. Hopefully you have a long career ahead of you, and at this point I still hope it's in NY. I've been giving you a pass because your coach acts like a buffoon, but your California Boy histrionics are starting to wear really thin.

They're playing the Bucs- it doesn't matter if they start Sanchez, Clemens- hell, I think you could beat Tampa Bay!

Rudy Gay's on my NBA Fantasy team.

11. Methinks you will see a lot of baseball activity over the next week or two. Groundwork is laid at the meetings and then phone lines start buzzing.

Your team got Teixeira and Sabathia last December. Will lightning strike twice for the Pinstripes when it comes to big names?

12. The Rangers sent their backup goalie to the minors, and called up their new backup goalie...Chad Johnson. I'm not kidding. He wears number 29 though.

Child, please! :D

16. My unmarried cousin is a cheerleader for Utah State, I recently mentioned here she would be on TV that night...and I totally forgot to watch! Bad cousin Sandra. My mom called to ask if I watched and I could not lie to my mom...

Merlin Olsen, Anthony Calvillo, Sandra's cousin- a fine lineage of Utah State Aggie students.

17. Took a month off after my last race, and it was diffult getting into my winter training regimen this time. I don't start training for my next race (in May) until early March, so over the winter I do maintenance. All kind of different workouts. It took me until after Thanksgiving to get to the gym five times a week, but now I'm back. Yay!

If you raced me 100 times, you'd beat me 100 times.

18. Not a Belicheck fan, but I supported his decision to go for it on fourth down against the Colts. I truly think he knows his team better than anyone else, and he thought that gave him the best chance to win. That said, some of the things he's done since then have been very strange.

They don't have a defense- that seemed to be proven the last few weeks when they went for it. Besides, even if they kicked a field goal last week, who knows what happens?

19. The Warriors play no defense. I mean zero. Nellie must not sleep well at night.

50 years from now, I'm still going to lose sleep thinking how THIS team beat the Mavericks? Can you say one-hit wonder?

No more off-the-court turmoil means the Knicks are showing some life on the court. Still, they HAVE to work on their defense- not as bad as Golden State, but still better than last year.

22. I'm not sure if I can possibly care less who wins the Heisman Trophy. Wait, I am sure. I could not care less.

It's probably because no Buckeyes are finalists. I'm sure you cared when Troy Smith won it a few years ago.

They are playing the Wizards. That means they have a good chance of winning... and we still may see mayhem in the stands.

26. Rose Bowl should be a lot of fun. One team has a dual threat QB who is really coming into his own as both a passer and a runner...and the Buckeyes have Terrelle Pryor!

The Rose Bowl is USC-free at last... and I love it!

After just two games? That's a quick assessment.

They're playing the Bucs- it doesn't matter if they start Sanchez, Clemens- hell, I think you could beat Tampa Bay!

Rudy Gay's on my NBA Fantasy team.

Your team got Teixeira and Sabathia last December. Will lightning strike twice for the Pinstripes when it comes to big names?

Child, please! :D

Merlin Olsen, Anthony Calvillo, Sandra's cousin- a fine lineage of Utah State Aggie students.

If you raced me 100 times, you'd beat me 100 times.

They don't have a defense- that seemed to be proven the last few weeks when they went for it. Besides, even if they kicked a field goal last week, who knows what happens?

50 years from now, I'm still going to lose sleep thinking how THIS team beat the Mavericks? Can you say one-hit wonder?

No more off-the-court turmoil means the Knicks are showing some life on the court. Still, they HAVE to work on their defense- not as bad as Golden State, but still better than last year.

It's probably because no Buckeyes are finalists. I'm sure you cared when Troy Smith won it a few years ago.

They are playing the Wizards. That means they have a good chance of winning... and we still may see mayhem in the stands.

The Rose Bowl is USC-free at last... and I love it!
what no thoughts on #14??????? :D:D:p:p:p

3. Vitale was just making my ears bleed during Butler-Georgetown. Diaper Dandies, PtPers, etc., was all new and fresh 20 years ago. Now it's just so old. The extent of his analysis is 'Awesome baby!'. Thanks Dick. Because I do not watch too much of ESPN basketball, it would all be relatively fresh to me.

7. Did anyone see No Country For Old Men? Curious to what your opinion is. Good movie, but totally not what I was expecting. Don't want to give the plot away, but I will say it was almost like watching two different movies. One plot line was related to the other one, but had very little to actually do with it. And one of the plot lines was amazing to watch, so exciting, and the other one...not so much. GREAT movie, but as always, not as good as the book...but I can live with that.

8. I get the feeling the Iverson honeymoon period is already starting to wind down. Why? Has he broken the law? Missed practice or gotten into a fight with the coach? You are EITHER doing your usual Iverson hating of you have some inside info NO ONE else has....if ya do, spill the beans chick!;) He was not in to be a savior in Philly and knows FULL WELL the team belongs to the OTHER IA, Andre Iguodala.

10. Hey Cleveland basketball...believe in karma yet? Would have been very appropriate to see Rudy Gay and the Memphis Grizzlies dancing on the sidelines after they beat Cleveland the other day. For some reason they chose not to, as did the Houston Rockets last night. Didn't you know, the Cavs were just in "boys being boys" mode.:rolleyes:

11. Methinks you will see a lot of baseball activity over the next week or two. Groundwork is laid at the meetings and then phone lines start buzzing. Yep, I agree. We already had a big Yankee trade and now the Red Sox just traded Mike Lowell to the Rangers.

13. I still have a bunch of Wipeouts from the summer I haven't watched, and I'm greatly looking forward to it. It's like saving a fine wine and opening it when the time is just right. Wait till you see the new obsticals....you will die laughing! My 4 year old sons is absolutely CRAZY about that show!

14. Sandra thinks she's getting engaged for the holidays. Just a hunch. Hopefully another Thanksgiving with my wacky family didn't change his mind. Like I have stated in the past, I have 5 sisters and 3 of them would bet a months pay that they were getting engaged for the Holidays/Valentine's Day. NEVER happened and they ALL happened at the time least expected. Don't get excited cause it MIGHT happen and do not get too disappointed because it did not happen.;)

19. The Warriors play no defense. I mean zero. Nellie must not sleep well at night. Sort of an extreme of the Western Conference....they are not known for defense.

21. My boyfriend's favorite actress after seeing some movie where people are stranded on an island or something, is Kelly Brook. He's amazed that while she's British, she does the Hugh Laurie thing and talks with a flawless American accent. Please. I think there are a couple of other reasons he likes her. :rolleyes: I say as long as you are not traded for her OR a look-a-like....you man is safe.;)

22. I'm not sure if I can possibly care less who wins the Heisman Trophy. Wait, I am sure. I could not care less. No interested AT ALL.

24. You have to wonder when the Tiger Woods revelations will ever end. Funny how we went from the Friday after Thanksgiving when so many were saying we should leave his private life alone, to now, when more and more of his private life is thrown into our faces every day. Who knew he was such a wild man? Don't get me wrong, I would be lying if I didn't say I like a little gossip with my breakfast....but just because I like, does not mean I have a right to it. I don't give a ratz a$$ HOW MANY he slept with....none of my business...;)

25. I don't trust anything Tim Donaghy says. He's a criminal, and he's trying to sell books. Next... And so is ANYONE ELSE that write one. How is ANY DIFFERENT than say a former president of the company or the United States writing a book...? NONE...they are ALL....repeat ALL, are writing books to make money.

Funny thing, Jose Canseco wrote a book and thought he was full of ....sh...ah..."rice and beans" and 'only in it for the money with a bunch of lies'. Guess what, out of ALL the baseball player and former baseball players that have been involved....he has bee the one that has been the MOST truthful.

26. Rose Bowl should be a lot of fun. One team has a dual threat QB who is really coming into his own as both a passer and a runner...and the Buckeyes have Terrelle Pryor! ROFLMAO!!

Sandra

Welcome back Sandra...:up

Thank god for the backhaul...then I can turn the announcers off

16. My unmarried cousin is a cheerleader for Utah State
Why did you have to note she is unmarried? Since you dont show a pic of yourself how are we suppose to know what she looks like :rolleyes:

best thing to ever happen in Sacramento

[youtube]8G8u1ErQTO0[/youtube]

I guess the media still talking about Michael Jackson got boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)