Ready For FTA Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.
it should be there. My Mercury II (basically the same box) has Galaxy 25 listed...1st or 2nd one in the list

otherwise look for 97.0 W

No, but just make note of which one went where, you will have to enter that info in the Receiver's Setup Menu.
I would connect the "L" to the 22KHz Off port(or Zero KHZ) and the "C" to the 22KHz On port. The Setup Menu default is 22KHz OFF, so you would only have to enter the 22KHz On for the few Echostar Sats that have Free Channels.
Thanks I'll check that tomorow. I have lost the sun today. Im trying to get the correct satellite picked from the list to check the signal strength. I'm probably getting about done for tonight.

:)

it should be there. My Mercury II (basically the same box) has Galaxy 25 listed...1st or 2nd one in the list

otherwise look for 97.0 W
It's not there should I look for a different one to calibrate on or is there a way to manually enter 97.0 W?

I tried to manually enter the satellite information under Untility-dedit satellite- I enter information when I got to the postions field it would not change and got stuck on 180 west and now I cannot edit or delete that entry. Is it possible this was a used or defective unit? If I do a factory reset will I loose all the satellites that are programmed in . It is a Fortec Dynamic reciever,?

if you do a factory rest it goes back to factory fresh and whatever satellites that were listed originally will be in there

I think they must have sent me a used or refurbed box. It had alot of East satellites, and none of the ones I was looking for. I did a factory reset and galaxy 25 c and ku popped up as well as the other galaxy sats. It was 10pm so I'll work on it after work today. I was thinkning about the motorized set up last night. Does the system work by finding say the galaxy 25 to calibrate and then it moves to other sats based upon that initial set up. I assume the motor is dumb and only moves however far the reciever tells it to go. Is that how the motoized systems work or is it by another means?:)

It is kind of dumb. It is based on your motor setup in your south direction. Enter your lat and long in the menus, select g25 @97W which is your true south sat. Use USALS to drive motor to 97W it should only move a little bit east of the center (since you are at 97.4W 34.1N) then turn the entire motor and dish on the pole to find 97W sat. Adjust only the dish elevation for up and down (set the motor for your lat of 34.1 and don't touch it again). When you find 97W this way all the other sats will come into place using USALS. That is assuming the pole is plumb in all directions. If the pole isn't plumb them plumb it and restart aiming for 97W..

Thanks for the information. I finaly got the motor to move to 97 position. I am going to go rotate the dish on the pole and adjust dish elevation as soon as Road Warrior goes off. Hopefully I'll have it running in an hour or so. :)

On a Standard pole, each 1/32" is about 2 degrees, move very slowly.

Once you set to Your True South Sat(Sat at Your Long. and Motor at Zero)
Then check a Sat as far east / west as you can get. Once you have those 2 Sats, the rest should be inline.

You are correct, the Motor only does what it is told, be sure to enter all Your info correctly.

I went out to move the dish around never got any signal change it always reads 40 on signal stength. Is this normal, even when i put my hand in fron of the lnb it still read 40 on the signal strength. The reciever is a fortec dynamic.:confused:

Signal Strength mean you have Power to the LNB, that's good.
You are looking for Quality.
You must have a Active / Live Transponder selected in the Receiver's Setup Menu for the Quality meter to react.
Did you enter the correct LNB info in the Receiver's Setup Menu?

The settings are as follows. Sat=galaxy 25 ku 97 w, LNB= LNB-10750, Postitioner Diseqc 1.2, Transponder 11874/H/22000, My motor lat setting is 35.1 the dish elevation is at 24. My latitude is 35.1
I've swept the souther sky with no change should I try the dish elevation? it is a fortect 36" The scale is not great and it seems to be a flimsy dish, the pole is level and plumb set in concrete.
The lnb bracket is plastic, I can move the lnb in or out there was no marking or placement guide as to exactly how for in or out the lnb should be in the lnb braket.

I've swept the souther sky with no change should I try the dish elevation?
Yes. Dish gauges are know to be "off" a few deg, Motors are very accurate and should not be touched - "Set-It-And-Forget-It"
Are you using a compass for basic direction?

Yes I used a compass for south, I think the chart sad to use 174 for accurate setting. I am almost thinking of using just the dish without the motor to see if everything just works. Then maybe putting the motor back on later. It is pretty windy today and cold. I may wait till the wind quits.

Same as you the Invacom qph 031. I removed the switch an just hooked up to the L port on the LNB

I went out today and removed the motor and within three minutes had the dish peaked and scanning in channels. Is there a way to check the motor is properly working. When I hooked up outside with a tv. The motor wouldn't move the dish at all. No lights or anything. I am begining to think the motor was jacked up the whole time. Looks like galaxy 25 is alot of international stuff. Any recomendations on which satellite has the mosst english speaking channels?

Thanks I'll go out and try to find that one tomorow. I did have a good time looking at all the googly googly channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts