Linkbox remote control problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
My IR remote control doesn't work. I tried new batteries and power cycling the 9000i but can't get the remote to work. When I operate the remote with other IR devices the front panel displays increase in intensity so it appears that the remote control is transmitting something. The remote control is only 3 months old. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Do you have a digital camera or a smart phone with camera? If you look at the IR transmitter through the camera you can see if it is at least putting out something.

Reactions: k.r.
Yep, the remote is transmitting. Must be some kind of issue with the 9000i receiver. I'll try a factory reset and see if that fixes the problem.

Just thinking out loud. I seem to remember someone having a similar issue. They found that the receiving end of the IR duo was poorly placed in the unit and was not seeing well enough to function. They were able to adjust it a bit and it worked fine after that. Now, be warned, my memory is still pretty good, but isn't what it used to be.

As first stated, just thinking out loud. Good luck with it.

edit: I don't remember if it even was a satellite receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)