Remote TV input button works during setup but not after

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thexpresstech

Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Fort Myers, FL
I just had an HR24 installed yesterday. I went through the Remote Setup to program my remote for my TV. It didn't have the exact model (Samsung - PN42C450) but it did have the PN42A450.

After the receiver programmed my remote, it asked to confirm the Volume worked. It did. Also, TV Input, Menu and others all worked fine. But after I finished the Remote Setup, the TV Input button refused to work in either TV or satellite mode. All other buttons remained functioning.

I repeated the process several times using different models, but not change.

Why would the TV input button work while in the Remote Setup wizard, but not after the programming is complete?

Thanks.

Wes

I've had a lot of luck with Samsung remotes using the code 10812

put mode switch to tv>

Press and Hold MUTE and SELECT buttons, watch for green remote light to flash TWICE. let the mute and select button release, input 10812.

Press MUTE and SELECT buttons, watch for them to flash TWICE, let the buttons release and input 960.

slide it back to directv >

Try the input and report back with results! :)

I have a question as well about TV input.

My remote works great, but the TV input works just fine, except it SKIPS the Component inputs of the TV. Goes from ANT/AV1/AV2/AV3/S-Video and then back to ANT. Does not even goto the two Component inputs. Any ideas as to why? I have tried multiple universal remotes, and they all do this as well.
TV model is Samsung TXN2668WHF, with HR23, and RC65R remote.

Thanks for any help.

I have a question as well about TV input.

My remote works great, but the TV input works just fine, except it SKIPS the Component inputs of the TV. Goes from ANT/AV1/AV2/AV3/S-Video and then back to ANT. Does not even goto the two Component inputs. Any ideas as to why? I have tried multiple universal remotes, and they all do this as well.
TV model is Samsung TXN2668WHF, with HR23, and RC65R remote.

Thanks for any help.

What do you have plugged into the component inputs? Samsung tvs usually auto detect when things are plugged in and skip them if it doesn't detect anything.

I have the directv receiver plugged into component 1 and a DVD player plugged into component 2. And nothing plugged into ANT or any other inputs.
Should I power up the dvd player, unplug the tv, then re plug in the TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)