Replacement HR-20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

koolbrz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
WILLIAMSBURG, VA
I have a relacement hr-2o coming to replace my non-working hr-20.
I really don't want a hr-20 and I really want a hr-22 or hr-23,or at least the hr-21, can I refuse the shipment and see what happens?? I asked the csr when she said a replacement was being sent about the 22 0r 23 and naturally it was out of her control what would be shipped. Is there anything I can do other than refuse the shipment due tomorrow?? I have the protection plan and the replacement is free.
thanx--I really need some options

I think you'll get whatever is closest at hand when the order is filled.
Is there a reason you don't want another HR20?
Getting an HR22 or 23 would be nice because of the larger hard drive.

My HR20 has been working without problem since I got it.

I suggest you just dont do it. Accept the package and be happy with what ever fullfillment gives you.

People have pulled that trick before and all it done is put large amount on there bill. Because the system already sent the dtv billing system and order management system are already expecting broken hr-20 back so when they dont recieve that back as they have you use the same box the replacement comes in, they will nab you for 470 dollars for non returned hd-dvr fee. Also since they can be slow processing refused shipment so they would eventually hit you with a 150 dollar non activation fee for the replacement as you had not activated the receiver you refused shipment on. These are not fees csr can control once the unit is shiped the countdown down starts. No after you explain 2 or 3 times what you did the team that deals with credits and refunds will credit the 470 and the 150 but is it really worth the hassle. I think not and they might just end up sending you another hr20 again.

Bottom line if you want a bigger badder hd-dvr go buy one at full cost some where. HD-DVR full price from dtv is 670 dollars per the office of the president csr team.

So dont refuse shipment and make life harder on everyone, because of greed.

i'll say odds are you'll get an HR21 or newer. there aren't that many HR20's around even though D recycles them.

I suggest you just dont do it. Accept the package and be happy with what ever fullfillment gives you.

People have pulled that trick before and all it done is put large amount on there bill. Because the system already sent the dtv billing system and order management system are already expecting broken hr-20 back so when they dont recieve that back as they have you use the same box the replacement comes in, they will nab you for 470 dollars for non returned hd-dvr fee. Also since they can be slow processing refused shipment so they would eventually hit you with a 150 dollar non activation fee for the replacement as you had not activated the receiver you refused shipment on. These are not fees csr can control once the unit is shiped the countdown down starts. No after you explain 2 or 3 times what you did the team that deals with credits and refunds will credit the 470 and the 150 but is it really worth the hassle. I think not and they might just end up sending you another hr20 again.

Bottom line if you want a bigger badder hd-dvr go buy one at full cost some where. HD-DVR full price from dtv is 670 dollars per the office of the president csr team.

So dont refuse shipment and make life harder on everyone, because of greed.
Great advice from someone with an HR-22

OP, you could also go to best buy and pay $199 for the HR22's they have in stock but IMO odds are D is going to give you something newer. there are fewer and fewer of these HR20's hanging around.

I saying this not as a HR-22 owner. But as someone who has people like you scream yell and complain in my ear when they have almost 700+ dollars charged on there DTV bill because they felt they were getting robbed by getting the same reciever that they had die on them.

I saying this not as a HR-22 owner. But as someone who has people like you scream yell and complain in my ear when they have almost 700+ dollars charged on there DTV bill because they felt they were getting robbed by getting the same reciever that they had die on them.

Beautiful !!! Not only sage advice from a HR22 owner, but it comes from another happy Directv employee !!! What more could anyone ask for !!

not to hijack this thread but I got a R10 replaced last night and the woman said, thats the HR10-250 right, and I said no its hte R10, she said right HR10-250 the high def, and said she was sending me out a NEW in the box reciever for a replacement as they dont sell tivos anymore, it will come with a card and remote, and I should be all set, I dont need to send the old box back as they cant do anything with a tivo, I am hoping the system lets her send me a HD DVR in its place (I did try and correct her, she wouldnt hear it though) anyways when I Look online it just says NEW_T_2 Group and dosent give me what it is :(

Beautiful !!! Not only sage advice from a HR22 owner, but it comes from another happy Directv employee !!! What more could anyone ask for !!

Okay well I am not an employee and I am teeling you as someone who has had a replacement receiver sent. You will get whatever is closest to what you have that they have in stock. The best thing to do is take it and activate it. Be happy! You may not like the answer but the one he gave you is correct>

IF and when MY HR20-700 dies, I would LOVE to get another one, but odds are very high that I will not be able to get one.

Normally they try to replace with a like model, but that can't always be done.
Bottom line is you'll get a like for like , as in a HD DVR for an HD DVR.
It all depends on what the installation company has in stock at the time.

Jimbo

Don't know what you are talking about we see plenty of them.

that's great but many others have posted that these are scarce in their area. it's good to know you're still seeing plenty of these. thanks for informing us. :)

You shouldn't have called DirecTV and had them mail you a replacement. Being that you have the protection plan, you should have requested a service call and just let the tech bring a new HR22-23 off of his truck. Or you should have went to Best Buy and bought one yourself, if you are that determined to stay away from the HR-20.

You shouldn't have called DirecTV and had them mail you a replacement. Being that you have the protection plan, you should have requested a service call and just let the tech bring a new HR22-23 off of his truck. Or you should have went to Best Buy and bought one yourself, if you are that determined to stay away from the HR-20.

Maybe he didn't want to take a day off work to hopefully get this done.

(I did try and correct her, she wouldnt hear it though) anyways when I Look online it just says NEW_T_2 Group and dosent give me what it is :(
They don't know what they are talking about.
I got a Samsung replaced once and they claimed up and down I would get a D11, Yea I got a D10-100. Nice.:rolleyes:
I replaced my Tivo DVR2, Though I would get an R15 , Nope R10.
CSR,s don't have a clue what your getting.

Maybe he didn't want to take a day off work to hopefully get this done.

That's why I threw out the suggestion to get one from Best buy as well. The situation is completely controllable. If you want an upgraded model, there's a few options. If you really don't care what you get, then you can let DTV ship you one. It's that simple. Or he could try to ebay one and just pay the 20 dollars for a new access card.

They don't know what they are talking about.
I got a Samsung replaced once and they claimed up and down I would get a D11, Yea I got a D10-100. Nice.:rolleyes:
I replaced my Tivo DVR2, Though I would get an R15 , Nope R10.
CSR,s don't have a clue what your getting.

oh I know, its just nice to think there is a 10% chance she messed up and I would be getting a HD DVR :D dont crush my dreams hemi, just let me have them peacefully!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)