Replacing 2x1 Switch With 4x1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I am adding a second dish for G18 to a Glorystar DVR-1100c system. The 2x1 switch is a 22kHz switch what must I do to set up for operation of a 4x1 diseqc switch?

Be sure to have the power OFF (switch on rear) on receiver prior to connecting the DisEqc switch.
remove 2X2 switch
Hookup disEqc:
Put AMC 4 (101W) on Port #1
G19 (97W) on Port #2
G18 (123W) on port #3 (need to set this one in the menu)

Bob

Last edited:
Remember to turn off the OTA Automatic update feature when adding the switch or scanning additional satellites and channels. You may manually update the receiver at any time, but the update will erase switch settings and channel lists.

Save custom channel scans to USB and reload if desired after completing the update.

I don't have the installation in place yet, still placing posts in concrete. But I wanted to be ready so that I am not asking questions when I need to be peaking dishes.

I have only one receiver, that's someone else with three.

Do I just leave settings for AMC 2/4 and G 19 as is including 22KHz tone for DISEqC 2?

When setting G 18 I assume I would select DISEqC 3, but what about 22KHz tone and Multi-Dish Switch?

....I have only one receiver, that's someone else with three.
Sorry Elder, I have edited that to one receiver

Do I just leave settings for AMC 2/4 and G 19 as is including 22KHz tone for DISEqC 2?
Yes - the switch will ignore the 22 Khz switch signal.

When setting G 18 I assume I would select DISEqC 3, but what about 22KHz tone and Multi-Dish Switch?
You can leave it off - but it doesn't matter - because there is no 22 Khz switch to control.
Bob

Thanks Bob, that's the info I needed.

I'll try the switch before I move the dish so I don't have too many unknowns.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)