Report DISH Guide Issues HERE

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No, they don't. Right now there are four channel 2's out of Delaware. They are currently transmitting incorrect guide data on all four channels. 2.1 and 2.2 show no data while 2.3 has the data for 2.1 and 2.4 shows the data for 2.2. Dish has no control over that. They can only retransmit what they receive. Do you seriously think they have a responsibility, or manpower, to spell check every single OTA channels guide info for the entire country?

Yes they do, Dish has the channel mapping in their system incorrect if the data for your 2.1 and 2.2 are showing on 2.3 and 2.4. Dish remaps data from Tribune to the corresponding OTA feed, if their mapping is incorrect or missing, you get Digital Service or info shows up on the wrong channels. So YES it is all on Dish.

DISH does have some control over the quality/accuracy of the Guide. Maybe not directly but do they put any pressure at all on Tribune to be more accurate?
Presuming that Dish pays Tribune (who knows - maybe it's "free" as part of the contracts with stations), yeah, they can complain/report this to Tribune. Otherwise, viewers who get the stations via OTA, Comcast, Time Warner, etc are all seeing this wrong data. Someone - anyone - can take the initiative and contact the station. I can suggest one thing and that is to NOT tell them "your guide data is wrong on my Dish receiver" as they'll tell you to contact Dish, thinking it's a mistake on their end. Tell them you're getting the station's info OTA.

Reactions: Tampa8
Look, Dish needs to fix their mapping process and display more channel data in the guide for OTA's. Tribune needs to make sure that data is accurate.
With all the money we pay Dish, and I'm sure all the money Dish pays Tribune, this can happen.

We can rebuild it, we have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better, stronger, faster....

Reactions: Mr Tony and Hall
Look, Dish needs to fix their mapping process and display more channel data in the guide for OTA's. Tribune needs to make sure that data is accurate.
With all the money we pay Dish, and I'm sure all the money Dish pays Tribune, this can happen.

We can rebuild it, we have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better, stronger, faster....
It will only take 6 million dollar man to accomplish it...............:nana

... when I select "My Channels" most of the OTA's that I've scanned in don't display, only those that match what Dish carries as my locals do, but if I select "All Channels" then they display. It would be nice if MY channels that I scanned would display in "My Channels".

The only difference I see is the SD channels for my locals show up.

IMG_20150201_082327_026.jpg

Super Bowl today on OTA is Adults only with no guide 3-01, maybe Katy Perry will top Janet Jackson this time, now this is a channel carried on Dish. Its OTA guide is non existent.

IMG_20150201_082404_339.jpg

But look, its on Antenna TV, and its a NBC channel now! Cozi is again a spanish channel and Dish has enough bandwidth to beam down 22, Estrella TV. Its guide is repeated times between the 2 screenshots.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Little Rock DMA:

7-3 OTA still shows as LWN (LiveWell), although it is now Grit, and no guide data
20-1 OTA KLRA (Univision) has no guide data
36-1 OTA KKAP (Daystar) has no guide data
49-1 OTA KMYA (MeTV) has no guide data. Dish retransmits it as channel 49.0 complete with guide data

7-3 is located on physical channel 22 as 22.5
20-1 and 49-1 are on the same physical channel (20) according to RabbitEars.info as 20.1 and 20.2
36-1 is located on physical channel 36 as 36.1

Reactions: foghorn2
Little Rock DMA:

7-3 OTA still shows as LWN (LiveWell), although it is now Grit, and no guide data
20-1 OTA KLRA (Univision) has no guide data
36-1 OTA KKAP (Daystar) has no guide data
49-1 OTA KMYA (MeTV) has no guide data. Dish retransmits it as channel 49.0 complete with guide data

7-3 is located on physical channel 22 as 22.5
20-1 and 49-1 are on the same physical channel (20) according to RabbitEars.info as 20.1 and 20.2
36-1 is located on physical channel 36 as 36.1

Delete 7.3 and rescan it. The call letters will change from LWN to GRIT. Won't help guide info though till Dish does something

Omaha and Lincoln DMAs, Hopper/Sling x 2 and original Joey. Dish is looking at EA.

NET (KUON PBS) 12.1 guide data = "NET", remaining 12.2 and 12.3 guide data is correct.

NET (KYNE PBS) 26.1 guide data = "NET", remaining 26.2 and 26.3 guide data is correct.

IMG_20150202_203321_283.jpg

What makes this strange is that I used to get the correct 12.1 and 26.1 guide data up until a couple years ago. I have friends with the Hopper with Sling/Joeys that look to the WA and they do not have the guide data issue I have.

Reactions: foghorn2
Omaha and Lincoln DMAs, Hopper/Sling x 2 and original Joey. Dish is looking at EA.

NET (KUON PBS) 12.1 guide data = "NET", remaining 12.2 and 12.3 guide data is correct.

NET (KYNE PBS) 26.1 guide data = "NET", remaining 26.2 and 26.3 guide data is correct.

View attachment 104761

What makes this strange is that I used to get the correct 12.1 and 26.1 guide data up until a couple years ago. I have friends with the Hopper with Sling/Joeys that look to the WA and they do not have the guide data issue I have.

Strange that the WA/EA would make a difference

BTW, nice screenshots, we need more. Pictures speak a thousand words.

Got the issue escalated up though another avenue, xrossing fingers.

But if Scott can get it fixed with this website, I'll become a paying SATGUYS member again. Get my moneys worth :hungry

Here is the guide listing from a Thursday afternoon for the St. Louis DMA:

Locals Guide.jpg

Channel 2.2 (Antenna TV) has no guide data, and shows ANTE in the guide.

4.2 (Me-TV) and 4.3 (My Network TV) are both missing guide data, and display only the call sign of the CBS station, KMOV.

Channel 5.3 (Justice) has no data, but shows the channel name (Just).

Channel 9.3 is the only one that displays incorrect data. It copies the 9.1 listings, however it should be data for PBS World.

Channel 11 seems to be correct on both channels.

Channel 13 is the only local that Dish provides that I don't get over-the-air.

24 is an independent local channel. 24.2 (A.R.E.) has something to do with Renewable Energy, and I'm not sure if they even have a guide. Shows A.R.

30.2 (Get-TV) and 30.3 (Grit TV) are missing guide data, but show channel name.

None of Channel 46 (ION Television)'s six sub-channels have guide data. All show the channel name (qubo, IONL, Shop, QVC, HSN).

There are some other local area channels that Dish does not provide, but I am unable to receive them over-the-air. So I cannot verify if Dish has data for them or not.

For 4.2/4.3 and 30.2/30.3, try deleting them and then rescan to add them back. That may fix the channel name error. It will NOT magically make guide data show up though.