This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Report: Michigan Players Allege NCAA Violations

And it completely supports what HD said about the difference between the Michigans and Ohio States of the world, and Miami.

Sandra

Oh don't get all bent out of shape buddy. I'm not trying to be cocky or arrogant. I'm just stating the obvious. (I even prefaced it with a "no offense").

Comparing the University of Miami to Ohio State or Michigan is like comparing the Devil Rays to the NY Yankees! Like it or not, there is a difference. Football is like a religion around these parts. You Floridians have your beaches and Mickey Mouse. We have Football. It's hard to explain, but it's very different here.

To be fair, USC has beaches too but they are also in a much different category than Miami.

Sandra

Please....whenever ANYONE starts of with "no offense"...it does mean, 'here it comes, it will offend'! LMAO!

There ONLY difference between the two is the fact that Michigan has been in established conferences, have bigger alumni and has had more TV coverage. The expectations are EXACTLY the same...MORE for a certain extent because HAS won championships recently. The quote during their powehouse runs was "'Canes don't rebuild, they reload". Football IS a region down here....this has always been and ALWAYS be a football town. Until you have lived down here...you will not know what pressure the University of Miami football program goes through.

And it completely supports what HD said about the difference between the Michigans and Ohio States of the world, and Miami.

Sandra

It only supports the fact that those schools have MORE alumni and fans than Miami. I mean if you went to Gainsville and said that about the Gators, they would laugh in your face. IF Miami were a state school and not private, they would have MORE support. I mean I am willing to bet their are AS MANY Gator and Seminole alum in Miami as there is Hurricane alumn....maybe MORE.

Well if the stadium is half full, that pressure is not coming from the stands!

Sandra

Nobody mentioned Florida, just Miami. Your points accurately point out further differences between Miami and the Michigans, Ohio States, and Floridas.

Sandra

I've been to your state many times. My Grandma has a winter home down there. So does my Uncle. I've even been to Disney 4 times before. I've also traveled to Miami to try the Cuban Corn on the Cobb, which is phenomenal btw. Never got the whole "College Football" is the biggest thing ever, like areas surrounding Columbus or Ann Arbor though.

Never got the whole "College Football" is the biggest thing ever, like areas surrounding Columbus or Ann Arbor though.

...or, to be fair, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Austin, Norman, Lincoln, Baton Rouge, or anywhere else college football dominates.

Sandra

...or, to be fair, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Austin, Norman, Lincoln, Baton Rouge, or anywhere else college football dominates.

Sandra

There's the answer...again.

OK so we agree. The pressure in Miami is much different.

Sandra

No...it is not. The pressure is the same if not more because they HAVE won championships recently...and they EXPECT championships at The U. You just do not hear about it because of the story you posted....there isn't as many Alumni as all those other schools. There aren't AS MANY voices...but the cry for championships and succes is just as loud.

Do you two have to F up every thread???

Now there's word about RR's involvement in some shady real estate dealings.....

Michigan coach partnered with banned SC booster - College Football - Rivals.com