Resume Button Missing While Still Recording

Weird.

Yeah, the only way I got to resume with the DVR menu was by using the Recall button instead, also to and from a live channel and not from two recordings. That has been working for a long time already.

Can you test this when you get a chance?
Using the Live button did not work for me. It just took me to live TV. However the Recall button does take me back to where I left off. I hope DISH Support passes this issue to the right folks and bring back the Resume button while the program is still recording.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I found a work around that is pretty easy. When you click on the recording you see a "status bar." If you click on that you see the two button options. They are the problem. Instead, just press play on the status bar. It resumes every time. I hope this helps.
WOW that works. Thanks jimthezete. Try it TheKrell. Really awesome.

Reactions: jimthezete
I found a work around that is pretty easy. When you click on the recording you see a "status bar." If you click on that you see the two button options. They are the problem. Instead, just press play on the status bar. It resumes every time. I hope this helps.
What a nice find jimthezete. Thanks again. You are now on my Following list. What an honor for you. LOL :)

Try it @TheKrell. Really awesome.

I just did and it does indeed work. :thumbup Of course my program had finished recording before I tried that, so I'm not sure I've learned anything but I am hopeful. I am also confused about why the new buttons sometimes work for some people, always works for me, and don't work at all for others. :crying

Software update SWID U 936 removed the resume option for recording. I record a lot of programs. I do not watch much live programming. Maybe the local news. That's it. I know the resume option was there and is now gone. Hopefully Dish brings it back on the next update. If not I will also be gone. I will gladly pay the $20 a month penalty for breaking the contract although they are the one that actually broke it. It will be $160.00 well spent.

Software update SWID U 936 removed the resume option for recording. I record a lot of programs. I do not watch much live programming. Maybe the local news. That's it. I know the resume option was there and is now gone. Hopefully Dish brings it back on the next update. If not I will also be gone. I will gladly pay the $20 a month penalty for breaking the contract although they are the one that actually broke it. It will be $160.00 well spent.
Southside see jimthezete post #22.

just another example of Dish's philosophy...………pay more for less

• Sad
Reactions: MikeD-C05
Using the Live button did not work for me. It just took me to live TV. However the Recall button does take me back to where I left off. I hope DISH Support passes this issue to the right folks and bring back the Resume button while the program is still recording.
Just talked to Dish advanced tech and he stated after the U936 update installed on 11/11/2020 at 2:51am has a problem with the resume button gone on live recording. They have had hundreds of inquires on this problem. Says engineers are aware of it and are working on it. (Don't kill the messenger) !!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just talked to Dish advanced tech and he stated after the U936 update installed on 11/11/2020 at 2:51am has a problem with the resume button gone on live recording. They have had hundreds of inquires on this problem. Says engineers are aware of it and are working on it. (Don't kill the messenger) !!
There is supposed to be new software coming in early December. So, hopefully you do not have to wait that much longer for a fix for this issue. :)

On 12/11 the software was updated at 3:38 AM. It is update U939. I rebooted the Hopper and guess what? The pause feature is back during live recordings! Glad that's fixed.
The resume while still recording is not fixed for me. I noticed yesterday it still wasn't working and then saw your post this morning. So just did a test and it is still not working for me. The alternate way still works good. After you select the recording in the status bar click the Pause/Play button instead of the Select button. My Hopper3 is on U939.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)