Retro Television Network (RTV) on Dish?

I finally got an official reply from the folks RTV regarding the RTV appearing in the San Francisco Bay Area. The rep e-mailed me last night, and said the channel will show up on KCNS - 38. He didn't say, but I' assuming on sub channel 38-02, which is currently open with nothing being broadcast at the moment. He said the channel should go on the air any day now. Sounds like something we might hear from DISH - soon.

I finally got an official reply from the folks RTV regarding the RTV appearing in the San Francisco Bay Area. The rep e-mailed me last night, and said the channel will show up on KCNS - 38. He didn't say, but I' assuming on sub channel 38-02, which is currently open with nothing being broadcast at the moment. He said the channel should go on the air any day now. Sounds like something we might hear from DISH - soon.

That is good news. I am receiving Asian programming on 38-02. 38-03 is the blank channel.....

Can't understand why one of the largest TV markets in the US still has no RTV. :confused:

And as another poster stated, New York City only had it for a couple of months last summer and only from 6PM till midnight. WSAH still calls themself an RTV affiliate for doing 30 minutes some mornings per week with childrens (E/I) shows. 7AM weekday mornings.

I am lucky though. I am in the far northwest area of the NYC DMA and I have a small roof antenna aimed towards Scranton and get it perfectly on WNEP 16.2. WNEP 2 has it on almost all day long only going to local news programming 3 hours a day.

Unrelated to this but thanks to my setup, I can also get PBS in HD on WVIA 44.1 and everything is incorporated nicely into my Dish reciever's guide.

RTV

Someone told me that DISH will be adding a RTV (Retro Television Network, formerly RTN) station to the lineup. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor? I am hoping this is true.

You must be near Houston?

KNWS (Katy-Houston) before they went into bankruptcy was mentioning adding it to 51.2 but now that's dedicated to Azteca America. I still don't understand why they just don't ditch 51.1 in favor of RTV, since they only have roughly four hours of actual TV outside of paid programming.

Sorry, I am new and didn't see the other thread or I wouldn't have started this one.

Well, DISH really needs to pick up ONE RTV station in the country and broadcast it like they do with WGN and the Denver, Boston and New York stations. I would even pay extra to get it if it was available that way.

I am in Beaumont, and there is apparently an affiliate here, but I can't pick it up on antenna at all -- just a snowy screen. And we have a high-powered antenna. My only hope of getting it is if DISH adds it to their line-up. Obviously a lot of people would like having it. I don't understand why they don't explore the option.

Sorry, I am new and didn't see the other thread or I wouldn't have started this one.

Well, DISH really needs to pick up ONE RTV station in the country and broadcast it like they do with WGN and the Denver, Boston and New York stations. I would even pay extra to get it if it was available that way.

I am in Beaumont, and there is apparently an affiliate here, but I can't pick it up on antenna at all -- just a snowy screen. And we have a high-powered antenna. My only hope of getting it is if DISH adds it to their line-up. Obviously a lot of people would like having it. I don't understand why they don't explore the option.

Those are superstations, and have a special designation from the FCC. What they need to do is get an agreement like they have with ION to provide on nationally, and simply map it to the appropriate place in each affiliate market. But that may not work, as unlike ION, many RTV affiliates have local programming blocks.

The issue is in some local markets the shows on RTV are shown on other local stations so the RTV stations in hose markets are customized.

In some markets it is the national feed but there are alot of markets where the programming is different.

I get RTV from WBAY tv, ch 2-03 in the Green Bay, WI market. They also carry a 24 hr weather channel on 2-02. Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I'm actually watching the A-Team as I type this. Magnum PI is on next.

Last time I looked (5 seconds ago) Retro TV was on channel 379 on my Dish Network. I don't know if this is the same RTV you all are talking about, but the French Lieutenant's Woman is on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts