Returning customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

enricong

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I was directv for 3 years. Six months ago I moved to a place that can't get direcTV (so I canceled it) and now will be moving to a place that can get direcTV. I like the current plasmaconcepts offer with $100 back plus the standard directv offer, however I found out that to be a "new customer" I have to have canceled more than 2yrs ago. I'm wondering if directv will know if I'm an old customer if I'm at an new address, although they should beable to figure out from a simple credit check.

So now it seems my best option is to call and see what kind of deal I can get. I think at least I should beable to get free install and free equipment since just before I canceled they were offering to do just that to replace my mpeg-2 equipment. I'd like a DVR though, I just had a regular HD receiver before. Ideally I'd like to get the same offer as plasma concepts.

I don't really have much experience with knowing what to say and if what I'm looking for is totally out of the question or reasonable. I'd appreciate any advice or pointers on what to say or what to ask for.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I am not married.
Good idea though.

I would just get Dish, however I am blocked by a building

Just call and see what they offer you. See if they give you the free install, free SD receivers, one free HD, DVR, or HD DVR deal. If you get that, you *should* be able to get the plasma concepts offer. Or, of course, you could call plasma concepts and let them run you through first. Worst that could happen is they could say you'll have to call DirecTV to see what you can get.

I sent plasma concepts and email, thats who told me that I had to be out 2 years. I can ask them if they are willing to just try and and see what happens. In hindsight, perhaps I should have just tried it without asking them first.

yeah, I'd just call and act like you have never heard of directv before. let them run you and either it'll let them put you on the promo or it won't. If they can't, then call DirecTV and see what you can get. I think they are pretty keen on winning back customers, so if you can't get something from Plasma Concepts (they usually have no flexibility with what DirecTV tells them) you'll probably be able to get the new customer deal from DirecTV.

ok I'll call them up and pretend like I never heard this. Hope the guy that replied me email isnt the same guy that answers the phone. That would be interesting.

Just an update.

I called them up, he specifically asked if I was a prior customer, I decided to be truthful but asked if could try anyways. He was very helpful. It didn't work the first time, but he mentioned that he believes they check by phone number so I gave him my work number and it went through.

So for those of you looking to come back to directv, try a different phone number. Now my address was also different so I'm not sure if that contributed, but they definitely check the phone. I was charged a $19.95 handling/delivery fee eventhough this is not charged ordering direct, but their $100 back makes up for that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)