returning customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
:hatsoff: i am a dish network customer that is thinking of restarting a basic package with directv. i called them up and was told i had a $300 balance from 10+ years ago. i do remember calling them a while back and there was no mention of this. i was on auto pay as everything i have is. other than this i cannot remember much. hell it was 10 years ago! so what do i do? they say they can reconnect after i pay the $300 on a month to month (no commitment) or get a new lease equipment with deals very similar to new customers. do they have any prepay system like dish has? i really don't want to switch i just want to try them out for a couple of months. any ideas?:confused:

i guess I'm not clear in my words. i was on auto pay 10 years ago when i disconnected from directv. now they say i have a past due amount of $300. i called them a year ago or so thinking of returning and was not told of any balance. i don't think i left any balance if any thing it couldn't be more than one months worth because i was on auto pay. they have no details of this amount due. if i pay the $300 they will turn service on a month to month bases no contract. if i want to upgrade equipment they will give me the new customer deals. does this make seance now???

that doesn't make sense either after 1 year or so you figure they'd send it to collections.

why would they wait 10 years and not do anything.

I agree, sounds like maybe a case of mistaken ID. Have you changed address since then? What did they cross reference that old bill too? Name? phone number? Address? Did you ask for a copy or ask why they have never contacted you?

i have changed both address and phone. i gave them both for the time i was with them. i was there for a couple of years after going to dishnetwork. with no contact after from them. they say the last 2 months were not paid but had no further info nor do i. you would have though they would have said something the last time i called and after 10 years most company's right it off to collections. the whole thing is very weird and scary its got me checking my credit report. the sad thing is they don't seem to want to work with me on it. i told them i could see maybe the last month some how didn't get charged but the rest was on auto pay. and no bills from them??? i talked to billing/retention/and in house collections. I'm going to call again on Monday.

hobojoe said:
i have changed both address and phone. i gave them both for the time i was with them. i was there for a couple of years after going to dishnetwork. with no contact after from them. they say the last 2 months were not paid but had no further info nor do i. you would have though they would have said something the last time i called and after 10 years most company's right it off to collections. the whole thing is very weird and scary its got me checking my credit report. the sad thing is they don't seem to want to work with me on it. i told them i could see maybe the last month some how didn't get charged but the rest was on auto pay. and no bills from them??? i talked to billing/retention/and in house collections. I'm going to call again on Monday.
If they can't show you proof of how the $ 300 was accounted for, I would not pay it.
I think it is a case of mistaken idenity also, as they would not have failed to keep sending you bills every month trying to get you to pay up, had you owed them.

btw, you WILL have some sort of a commitment depending on what type of equipment you end up with.

Jimbo

yes i agree or at min a serious billing error. they all say if i pay the $300 i will restart service as if it was yesterday i was shut off, back to no contract. i like that! i think i want some kind of compromise and they wont budge if i don't pay i don't get service. I'm going to propose i pay them $200 they get me new equipment. i want the 5lnb dish and there newest hd/dvr/tivo. and only a year contract. they eat the $100+equipment upgrade. is that fair? any suggestions?

hobojoe said:
yes i agree or at min a serious billing error. they all say if i pay the $300 i will restart service as if it was yesterday i was shut off, back to no contract. i like that! i think i want some kind of compromise and they wont budge if i don't pay i don't get service. I'm going to propose i pay them $200 they get me new equipment. i want the 5lnb dish and there newest hd/dvr/tivo. and only a year contract. they eat the $100+equipment upgrade. is that fair? any suggestions?
You have a new address and a new phone number, contact a dealer and try signing up as a new customer. You will have a 2 yr. commitment if you want HD but I bet without the old information you won't owe anything.:)

:( ok i got the bad news i called the corp office today. they say they were not able to charge the last month of service so there are shut off fees and penalties for 10 years. they did not know why i was not told last phone call nor why i ha vent been contacted after shutting off. and they will not adjust the amount at all! but say they will gladly turn my service back on with no contract. at this point i don't know if i really want to deal with them. they are not willing to compromise in any way shape or form. i even said its better if you at least attempt other wise you lose the money owed and me as a future customer. there reply was "we are sorry you feel that way. when your able to pay in full give us a call." any suggestions? other than opening her a new account?:mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)