Review: Azbox Elite HD FTA Receiver

Does anyone know how to set this receiver up for Diseqc 1.2? I've got my motor set for 123W right now(my true south) but how do I store the position into the receiver so that I can move the dish onto the next sat? Thanks a lot.

My Two Cents
Just remember to ensure a live transponder is the first on the list in the transponder/sat edit ...then go to antenna setup , choose the motor diseqc set up wave the dish back and fourth..... the meter should work so you can find the sat.......98% of the time. Seems the meter will only work correctly when moving the motor when the first transponder in the sat transponder list is producing a signal. One more thing...sometimes immediately after I saved the sat to the motor the sat seemed like it was dropin' a signal after I saved the position...when I exited out of the antenna set up and reentered I would go to the diseqc set up and hit go to and it returned to my initial saved position. For some reason the motor wanted to drift off on some of the sat's when I saved them....wierd... It has not done it since and after following those two "quirky" steps...and ...now..IT WORKS GREAT!

To answer my post earlier about weird switching issues. I alleviated my problem by using a digiwave 8x1 1.1 diseqc combind with a sadoun 4x1. Not sure, but I think the problem was in the 22khz commands not working properly on the ecoda eventhough I tried 2 different ones, it just would flake out sometimes.

To answer my post earlier about weird switching issues. I alleviated my problem by using a digiwave 8x1 1.1 diseqc combind with a sadoun 4x1. Not sure, but I think the problem was in the 22khz commands not working properly on the ecoda eventhough I tried 2 different ones, it just would flake out sometimes.

Could you provide a diagram?

I'm disappointed in this receiver, I should've got a Pansat. Yesterday, I was able to get AMC18, today, strong signal but 0 quality - nothing, nada. Plus, when I download from the Azbox with Azboxeditor, a lot of channels that I have programmed aren't shown in the Azboxeditor. And I still can't get anything on AMC 7, 8 or 10. I'm now positive that it isn't me that's screwing up.

By laptop cooler do you mean a fan?

Yeah, kinda...its TWO fans...I get cheap ones at a Big Lots store here in my hometown...13.00 and some change....works fine, I have one on every HD box I have.:up

Just to give you an idea....this is a different cooler at newegg. :D

Newegg.com - Rosewill 15.4"~17" Notebook Cooler Model RNA-7000W - Laptop Accessories

I'm disappointed in this receiver, I should've got a Pansat. Yesterday, I was able to get AMC18, today, strong signal but 0 quality - nothing, nada. Plus, when I download from the Azbox with Azboxeditor, a lot of channels that I have programmed aren't shown in the Azboxeditor. And I still can't get anything on AMC 7, 8 or 10. I'm now positive that it isn't me that's screwing up.

If you get your dish lined up on amc 15 Ku band, if its big enough, then you can start trying to lock the NBC's. The Azbox is easy to me to enter frequencies on, hard part for S2 is figuring out the FEC and pilot....the newer firmwares to me aren't as easy, because you will not get an instant readout to tell if you have the correct FEC and pilot, you have to set the FEC and pilot and scan the channel to see if you have the right one. Yeah, I agree its a pain.

The Azbox is much more than just a receiver. If a receiver is the only thing you are using it for you are not letting it flex its muscles, IMO of course...:up

Could you provide a diagram?

Well, basically here is the setup. I only have Paint for a diagram on this PC.

Azbox to 8x1 diseqc 1.1 switch
Port 1 of 8x1 switch goes to a 4x1 diseqc (which then is hooked to LNBs')
Other ports of 8x1 go directly to some LNB's.

In the azbox, I have my switching set as COMBINATION then the order is set as UNCOMITTED, COMITTED

Which TPs are you trying to lock on each of the Sat?
Which version Firmware and Editor are you using.

AMC18 TP 12
AMC7 TP18
AMC10 TP10

I did get locks on AMC18 for Telemundo with a signal quality of 57% (even though it was 0 earlier). But, I was unable to view the programming. I tried turning on the HD flag but that didn't help. Lyngsat indicates that some NBC programming is on that transponder but no NBC stuff gets locked. No locks occur on AMC7 or 10.

AzboxEditor 0.9.7b, firmware 0.9.2372 TD210S

I did get locks on AMC18 for Telemundo with a signal quality of 57%
That seems a little low to me.

Should it be assumed that you "can" lock any of those TPs, or Any TP on the Sats you listed, with a different receiver?
Or is the AZBox your only receiver, and proper alignment could be an issue?

Can you list all your Equipment, with details of you setup: LNBs, Dishs, Switches, Receivers.

That seems a little low to me.

Should it be assumed that you "can" lock any of those TPs, or Any TP on the Sats you listed, with a different receiver?
Or is the AZBox your only receiver, and proper alignment could be an issue?

Can you list all your Equipment, with details of you setup: LNBs, Dishs, Switches, Receivers.

The Azbox is the only receiver that I have that can do DVB-S2/8QPSK/HD. I have an old Pansat 300 that I could try to get the NASA stuff on AMC7.

Well, the dish has hail and wind damage. It's a 12' Paraclipse. It has a Corotor C/Ku feed. I don't remember the brand of LNB's. I'd have to remove feed cover. I use my 4DTV to move the dish and change polarization. I have a 2-input DisEqC but I don't remember the details (make/model/version). And, of course, there are splitters with a DC block on one port of each splitter (block on the DVB side) so that I can use both the 4DTV and DVB (4DTV powers the LNB's). I bypassed the disceqc for a test but there was no significant change in signal strength or quality. There are no obstructions for the view of this satellite (dish elevation is approx 40 degrees).

BTW, the signal strength on this bird (AMC18) is 85/100.

I suppose an upgrade on the LNB would be a good thing?

I use my 4DTV to move the dish and change polarization
Using the 4DTV, I'd go to Galaxy 15 (G1) Channel 5 (Classic Arts - Analog)
If you get a decent Pic, to the the AZBox and enter the TP info for the DVB - Classic Arts:
Freq: 3816
Pol: Horizontal
Scan Rate: 3000

If nothing on the AzBox (remember to exit the TP entry sub-menu) change to channel 6 on the 4DTV, to change Polarity. Also check your Quality for TP6 in the 4DTV, thats the TV Guide Channel.
Once you have Classic Arts, finding the other Sats should be no problem.

I am assuming, since you got quality on the AMC 18 Sat, you have double checked for correct LNB settings. in the AZBox of each Sat you are trying for.

Using the 4DTV, I'd go to Galaxy 15 (G1) Channel 5 (Classic Arts - Analog)
If you get a decent Pic, to the the AZBox and enter the TP info for the DVB - Classic Arts:
Freq: 3816
Pol: Horizontal
Scan Rate: 3000

If nothing on the AzBox (remember to exit the TP entry sub-menu) change to channel 6 on the 4DTV, to change Polarity. Also check your Quality for TP6 in the 4DTV, thats the TV Guide Channel.
Once you have Classic Arts, finding the other Sats should be no problem.

I am assuming, since you got quality on the AMC 18 Sat, you have double checked for correct LNB settings. in the AZBox of each Sat you are trying for.

I couldn't get any video or audio on G1-5. I couldn't find any TV Guide either. But, I did find ShopNBC. It does look like there's an antenna alignment issue since the DCII signals have a quality of only 40 and the ShopNBC is noisy. So, I guess antenna alignment is my problem. I probably won't do any alignment until I get my new dish. Thanks for the help. :eek:

Yeah, kinda...its TWO fans...I get cheap ones at a Big Lots store here in my hometown...13.00 and some change....works fine, I have one on every HD box I have.:up

I put one on my Azbox. Too bad my 4DTV doesn't have a USB port to power one. I'm sure I can come up with something for the 4DTV.

The Azbox is much more than just a receiver. If a receiver is the only thing you are using it for you are not letting it flex its muscles, IMO of course...:up

My wife and I watched some YouTube videos on the Azbox. I like the ability to watch them fullscreen but most of the videos aren't worth watching.

I am considering buying one of the Azboxes, but I read on another site where there was an issue with these boxes not able to lock in signals with a high symbol rate (if I remember correctly the author said it would not lock in a signal above 27000 on the sr. The author was comparing the Azbox and the Vantage). I want something that will do 4.2.2 and hopefully it will not be my computer....but since so many of the HD signals have high sr's this sort of kills this receiver for me. I searched this thread but did not see anyone mentiong this as an issue. Thanks.

I am considering buying one of the Azboxes, but I read on another site where there was an issue with these boxes not able to lock in signals with a high symbol rate (if I remember correctly the author said it would not lock in a signal above 27000 on the sr. The author was comparing the Azbox and the Vantage). I want something that will do 4.2.2 and hopefully it will not be my computer....but since so many of the HD signals have high sr's this sort of kills this receiver for me. I searched this thread but did not see anyone mentiong this as an issue. Thanks.

I have AZBOX Premium, and I'm getting PBS on AMC 21 with SR 300000. Only issue I have with high SR, I'm not able to play recored stream.

I have AZBOX Premium, and I'm getting PBS on AMC 21 with SR 300000. Only issue I have with high SR, I'm not able to play recored stream.

I think it's high bit rates that the AzBox can't record, or play back. A high bit rate doesn't mean or not mean high symbol rate. Those are two different things.

I'll find out soon enough. My AzBox is out on the delivery truck this morning. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)