Review: Azbox Elite HD FTA Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would start with 9.2880 firmware , at the lowest, and download the editor of the same version.
All the video outputs are active all the time, on mine, HDMI, Component, Composite, rf out. It's a great toy ! :)

Thanks guys, found a cord. Hooked up rj45 - downloaded 9.2880 as adviced. Up and running Nascar W6...... set to componet video and s-video to sd tv went off ( ok ), have 16x9 HD on Sharp 12K. What do I gain with newer firmware. :):) I applied for newfinds section a few weeks ago, does it take awhile or just hard to get authorized?????

Last edited:
I applied for newfinds section a few weeks ago, does it take awhile or just hard to get authorized?????

I did apply to that section many times last months - no results, no PMs - just silence. :( So, don't hold your breath long. :D

That's not the way it works. There's a bunch of things that are taken into consideration before you are let in the WUT area, attitude from previous posts, post content from previous posts, no offense, but if somebody just hangs around to suck information out you probably ain't getting in, if you make the mods mad you ain't getting in, if you blab all over the interwebs that satguys has a private room, and that we're a bunch of jackholes, you probably wont get in.

Hang out for awhile, enjoy your azbox, be a part of the board, let everyone get to know each other, eat your vegetables ;):D, and you just might be let in. :)

That's not the way it works. There's a bunch of things that are taken into consideration before you are let in the WUT area, attitude from previous posts, post content from previous posts, no offense, but if somebody just hangs around to suck information out you probably ain't getting in, if you make the mods mad you ain't getting in, if you blab all over the interwebs that satguys has a private room, and that we're a bunch of jackholes, you probably wont get in.

Hang out for awhile, enjoy your azbox, be a part of the board, let everyone get to know each other, eat your vegetables ;):D, and you just might be let in. :)

I can't accept all the pile of crap on my shoulders; plus you perhaps know I did provide a lot of unique technical info here including FTA reports what must be consider for balanced opinions. Plus so far no one offer for lower price PCI card Spectrum Analyzer for FTA hobbyists.

"if you blab all over the interwebs that satguys has a private room, and that we're a bunch of jackholes," - that's totally lie if try to assign it's to me.

I can't accept all the pile of crap on my shoulders; plus you perhaps know I did provide a lot of unique technical info here including FTA reports what must be consider for balanced opinions. Plus so far no one offer for lower price PCI card Spectrum Analyzer for FTA hobbyists.

"if you blab all over the interwebs that satguys has a private room, and that we're a bunch of jackholes," - that's totally lie if try to assign it's to me.

Sir, if I were saying it about YOU, I would have said : " Mr. P.Smith, if you weren't such a hardass management might let you in."

I did NOT say that, and I RESENT the hell out of you accusing me of it. :cool:

I think it is 3 in a week. I bookmarked the site, too, since it's seems to be the location of the "daily build". Kinda cool.
I've loaded the firmware and it's behaving fine. Don't have a clue, though, about what the "improvements" might be.
:)

latest Beta for AZbox HD, ver 9.3892 .
http://dailyfw.azupd.com/

Just keeps coming.

Here are some opinions I've read. Nothing official, nothing published.

•notice some improvement in terms of zapping
•EPG button gone under GoGo in 'Setup'
•have been changes in certain frequency channels
•opens (CERTAIN PLUGINS) faster
•problem with DVB-C tuner
•(something about) multicast data after pressing the red button
•if you install this firm, without formatting, the menu language is not English, but Spanish
•This firmware 120kb has more than the last, so you should bring something more and / or be better refined?

Above translated from spanish. Looks like nothing special.

I'll wait, but thanks for the link! :D:up

This is a great thread. I should have my Elite next week. I've read this entire thread from start to finish and I appreacite all of your posts. Knowledke is a wonderful tool. I'd love to see more screenshots!!

I do have one question. I've seen it mentioned that as the updates come out, new versions of the channel editor are also released. I'm a little fuzzy on that and would appreciate a little help.

1. Is there a new editor release for EVERY firmware release?

2. Where is the bet place to find the most recent release of the editor?

Thanks!

The Elite is already on it's way here. Should have it Monday or Tuesday. Besides, by the time the Plus is available, something new and better will be on the horizon. You can play that game until the end of time.

1. Is there a new editor release for EVERY firmware release?
No. Firmware 2880 and up needs editor 2880.
There is also a program called MAZ 2.2, it's an Editor and FTP Client all in one.

They are posted on many Euro Forums.

Thanks Lak7... and I must say a huge thank you for the manual you uploaded in pdf. I printed that, took it to Staples and now for $6.50 I have a spiral bound copy of the AzBox manual (sorry for the blurry pic). Let's face it, it's much better than any printed manual that would have come from the manufacturer anyway.

I do have one other question. Will this box play ripped DVDs VOB format? It would be cool to play those off of my media server machine. What about DVR-MS? I haven't seen that mentioned either, but could've missed it.

Attachments

• AZmanual.jpg
    AZmanual.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 366

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts