Robert @ value Electronics.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
Does this guy return emails or phone calls if your just looking for remotes or do you have to ordr a system or a TV to get a return call or email. The sad part is that all I read on this forum is how great his company is for customer service. 4 days now still waiting for a return call. Heck I even spoke to Robert himself yesterday and HE took my email address and phone number and said he would call me today. Robert????? HELLOOOOOO

wobbie,
I can't vouch for him returning your call or email.
However I can vouch for the service, I just ordered a remote from them at the beginning of the week and I received it yesterday. :hatsoff:

Jimbo

I spoke with him directly when I ordered my HD DVR. He was very professional and knowledgeable. He did mention that since the $100 rebate program started they've been swamped. They shipped quick as well. I'm quite impressed

Maybe he's on vacation or sick... Give him a break. I know every consumer wants to be treated like he/she is the only one but hey I'm sure he's got a lot on his plate. How long have you been trying to reach him? Also if you call why not just order remote from whoever answers the phone? From my understanding VE is his company so I don't think he's getting a commission on your remote.

Well when I ordered my D-10, I never received a shipment notice or confirmation or anything, I waited a week then I e-mailed them and called them to ask them what happened some guy ( I don't believe it was Robert) answered the phone but he couldn't find out what was happening with my order, he said he would call me later, They didn't, however when I got home they had answered my email telling me my order had been shipped, three days later I got it.

Overall I would rate their costumer service as above average, I can't say I had the best of the experiences with them, but it wasn't that bad either.

Robert has been SWAMPED! I talked with him the other day.

If you try getting ahold of him but do not hear back from him within a day please resend your email to him again, as he is that busy. :)

He is probably just like me at the Dishstore. We just don't have time in the day to get everything done that needs to get done!

Best thing I recommend doing is to email the guy or see if you can simply order it online off the website.

Not for anything, I love talking to customer and we try to do our best to take care of customers. One of my problems Is that I get so involved with speaking to customers a simple order for a remote will take me 10 minutes to speak to the customer on the phone. Do that several times a day, and before you know it your whole day has gone by.

Just my opinion, but im sure Robert is in the same boat as me, and this is probably the reason why he hasn't had time to return your call yet.

Robert has been A1 in all my dealings with him. I had a Zektor DVI switch go bad, emailed Robert and within a couple of days, Zektor support called and arranged for it to be replaced.

wobbie said:
Does this guy return emails or phone calls if your just looking for remotes or do you have to ordr a system or a TV to get a return call or email. The sad part is that all I read on this forum is how great his company is for customer service. 4 days now still waiting for a return call. Heck I even spoke to Robert himself yesterday and HE took my email address and phone number and said he would call me today. Robert????? HELLOOOOOO

I believe Robert is the owner and/or top manager and can't personally see to every customer. Anyone who answers the phone at Value, and they are very good about answering it immediately, should either be able to help you or find someone who can. Without divulging the details, they were able to help me obtain service/features/price from Direct I otherwise wouldn't have been able to get on my own. Best of luck.

Dude,

Just talk to whoever answers the phone. They all know what they are doing and they all know about the SatGuys discount, if that is what you're looking for. FYI....guys like Robert are disappearing from the face of the earth. Be thankful someone has turned you on to VE. These guys put up with about five days of questions from me before I bought what I was looking for. I am a customer for life.

I dealt with Robert once, during May 2004. I specifically wanted to have a GainMaster dish installed to replace my Phase III (trying to reduce rain fade).

Robert was courteous and very professional on the phone. He took the time to discuss my situation and we scheduled an installation call (3 weeks in-advance).

His installer appeard without my GainMaster. Robert admitted he had not ordered it and sent the installer to re-aim my Phase III. The installer was unable to improve signal strength, and they charged me over $200.

I recommend that anybody doing business with Value Electronics be careful to accept nothing less than what they ordered. Don't be afraid to refuse service (or deny payment) if the equipment differs from your order, or if the service does not solve your issue.

jpn said:
I dealt with Robert once, during May 2004. I specifically wanted to have a GainMaster dish installed to replace my Phase III (trying to reduce rain fade).

Robert was courteous and very professional on the phone. He took the time to discuss my situation and we scheduled an installation call (3 weeks in-advance).

His installer appeard without my GainMaster. Robert admitted he had not ordered it and sent the installer to re-aim my Phase III. The installer was unable to improve signal strength, and they charged me over $200.

I recommend that anybody doing business with Value Electronics be careful to accept nothing less than what they ordered. Don't be afraid to refuse service (or deny payment) if the equipment differs from your order, or if the service does not solve your issue.
If I sent a technician to your home without a item you ordered and charged you to point your dish $200 please call me and I will credit your credit card $200 today. Our normal charge for dish pointing varies between $100. and $125.

If I knew you name I would just look up your order and credit you for the service but I am sorry I do't remember this issue and don't know your name

-Robert

Chado said:
Did this get resolved, just curious.

We spoke once and seemed on-track to resolve. Robert wanted to speak with his installer (reasonable).

I'm waiting for a call-back to see how this turns out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)