Roethlisberger accussed of sexual assult...AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read about this whole ordeal, it somewhat reminds me of Kobe Bryant and his issues in 2003-04.

He was dealing with the same crime- sexual assault.

Unlike Ben- Kobe was charged.

If you'll recall, sometimes, he had to go straight from a Colorado courtroom to wherever the Lakers were playing.

The NBA did not take any drastic action that year- no suspension handed down by the league, the Lakers didn't consider the idea of a trade that year.

When I read about this whole ordeal, it somewhat reminds me of Kobe Bryant and his issues in 2003-04.

He was dealing with the same crime- sexual assault.

Unlike Ben- Kobe was charged.

If you'll recall, sometimes, he had to go straight from a Colorado courtroom to wherever the Lakers were playing.

The NBA did not take any drastic action that year- no suspension handed down by the league, the Lakers didn't consider the idea of a trade that year.

Interesting, I forgot about that ....

Same crime (alleged)
Ben NOT Charged - Kobe Charged
Ben Suspended - Kobe not only Not Suspended, keep playing in his games

Shows you a small difference between the NFL and the NBA.

People from time to time are comparing this to the Vick punishment.
Hell, with what Vick did he only was suspended for 2 games.

Ben will be missing 4-6 games.

That's almost half the season.

You get suspended in the MLB and you get a quarter of the games.

In the NBA you can continue your current routine and play in the games all along .... Glad I'm not a NBA fan.

LOL!! Seriously....no they would not.

Don't test us. You don't understand how much this city despises that man (I use that term lightly). You've got friends in Cleveland, right? Ask them, they'll tell you. You've got a better chance of Oprah Winfrey playing QB for the Browns than Pig Ben!

the browns are still among the others that are interested according to espn:eek:. the suspension i was expecting but not the steelers trying to trade him for a #1 draft pic. good QB's are hard to find. hopefully they don't put the franchise in a whole for the next few years due to this move they're trying to make. he's still young and he has helped you win 2 superbowls. i wouldn't do this yet.

Are you trying to get me in a Tizzy on what is supposed to be a glorious day for me (draft day)?! ;) :D

i hear ya :) but at the end of the day most folks just want to win.you'd be or may not be surprised how many people would be willing to turn the other cheek on issues like these just to bring in a 2 time superbowl winning QB. we'll see where he ends up because what many thought wouldn't happen including myself now seems like a huge possibility. WOW!

I dunno. I really think this city would rather lose without Ben than win with him. He may be one of the few exceptions to this rule. It's hard to explain, but this city REALLY hates this guy. I for one would trade in my Orange and Brown card if this Yinz ever came to this team!

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Raiders are among the list teams that have the Steelers have contacted about a trade for Ben.

The other teams include Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Seattle, and others.

Yes, I know, it is Adam Schefter. The Raiders have a pure hatred for Mr. Schefter.

Yet, his sources are top notch, and it shouldn't seem surprising that the Steelers are considering the opportunity to trade him if it means a top ten pick in return.

See! The STEELERS are the ones contacting other teams in shopping Ben! My Browns aren't calling, nor is any other team. The Steelers are shopping his ass! I hope Holmgren laughed in Rooney's face and hung up the phone when he took that call!

It looks like Ben was concerned with his image after all, but apparently only regarding being photographed with booze:

Even as women crowded around Mr. Roethlisberger, the quarterback's entourage -- including Trooper Joyner and off-duty Coraopolis police Officer Anthony J. Barravecchio -- tried to ensure that no one snapped photos of Mr. Roethlisberger with alcohol.

"Joyner stated that he made sure that none of the girls taking a photograph with Roethlisberger had any alcohol in the photos. He stated that alcohol in the photographs would not look good for Roethlisberger's image."

Ms. Garofalo said "the bodyguards were deleting photos from people's phones that depicted Roethlisberger drinking."

Avery Lane, a friend of Mr. Roethlisberger, also lent a hand.

"Avery Lane assisted in helping make sure that Roethlisberger was not holding any drinks in any of the photos. The group generally does that so that there are no crazy public photos floating around," according to his interview with investigators.

I think it's also interesting that his entourage/bodyguards included several off-duty law enforcement officers. I wonder how much of a role that played in the fact that he was not charged....

Witnesses to Roethlisberger incident detail heavy drinking

People from time to time are comparing this to the Vick punishment.
Hell, with what Vick did he only was suspended for 2 games.
In fairness, Vick's victims were dogs while ben's (alleged) victim was human. While Vick's behavior was disgusting, (alleged) rape is a far more serious crime and deserves a more serious punishment.

I dunno. I really think this city would rather lose without Ben than win with him. He may be one of the few exceptions to this rule. It's hard to explain, but this city REALLY hates this guy. I for one would trade in my Orange and Brown card if this Yinz ever came to this team!

My personal opinion is that this will never happen only because the steelers wouldn't be dumb enough to trade ben within the division. We have yet to see if the eagles will regret that move. For all we know the steelers might only be doing this just to scare ben a little but have no serious plans to trade him. I say he stays with the steelers.

My personal opinion is that this will never happen only because the steelers wouldn't be dumb enough to trade ben within the division. We have yet to see if the eagles will regret that move. For all we know the steelers might only be doing this just to scare ben a little but have no serious plans to trade him. I say he stays with the steelers.

Yeah, you may be on to something there Rey. I think he'll stay to.

I like him as a player, but a team needs to put their foot down and say enough is enough....my vote ( and its hard to say this) is goodbye Big Ben.

See! The STEELERS are the ones contacting other teams in shopping Ben! My Browns aren't calling, nor is any other team. The Steelers are shopping his ass! I hope Holmgren laughed in Rooney's face and hung up the phone when he took that call!

The Steeler's only called to see what was out there, they have no intention of trading him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)