Rsn And Nesnhd Alert!!!!! OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DS0816 said:
I'm from Detroit, and the Tigers are red-hot this season. So it's great news for DirecTV customers like myself from the Detroit, Mich. market.

Anyone say anything about channel numbers?

It was in the press release as to what numbers will be used.

Ryu said:
"I read that FSN North HD is now carried by DirecTV. Am I able to get this with my HR10-250 and a 3 LNB dish or do I need the new 5 LNB dish?"

And just in case you didn't get the answer in this thread, yes, you'll need an MPEG 4 receiver (the H20 now) and the 5 LNB dish. Your HR10 cannot see the new MPEG 4 satellites/channels.

bonscott87 said:
And just in case you didn't get the answer in this thread, yes, you'll need an MPEG 4 receiver (the H20 now) and the 5 LNB dish. Your HR10 cannot see the new MPEG 4 satellites/channels.

Why can't you hit it with the three lnb dish? Which sat will it be on?

MPEG4 is currently being sent only from the Ka satellites:
Spaceway 2 at 99.2°w
Spaceway 1 at 102.8°w

The PhaseIII is for Ku:
DirecTV 1R/4S/8 at 101.0°w
DirecTV 5 at 109.8°w
DirecTV 7S at 119.0°w

now regional HD Lite Sports, :rolleyes: why not give us some true hd programming first before offering anything else? why even bother with it until they show improvement?

All of the Fox owned RSNs are 720p which does not get touched

BFG said:
All of the Fox owned RSNs are 720p which does not get touched

that explains why Friday night's Pittsburgh-Nationals game looked so good.

cablewithaview said:
now regional HD Lite Sports, :rolleyes: why not give us some true hd programming first before offering anything else? why even bother with it until they show improvement?

Hmm, not HD lite (at least by reports from people who have seen it). Not sharing bandwidth with the national HD channels. Also, heavily requested, according to D* .

Yeah, it makes no sense whatsoever to give away empty bandwidth to a highly requested service. :rolleyes:

cablewithaview said:

Us...hmm cable does that mean you are a D* sub? I had you pegged for a cable guy.

boston area dtv said:
Us...hmm cable does that mean you are a D* sub? I had you pegged for a cable guy.

actually, yes I work cable but it ends 2 1/2 miles from the house so I have the pizza pan service. 1st dish, then Voom and now DirecTV. When I came over to DirecTV after Vooms demise, they preached about how they are the leader of HD and promise of a brighter future. over two years later, still ain't worth a sh*t on HD.

cablewithaview said:
actually, yes I work cable but it ends 2 1/2 miles from the house so I have the pizza pan service. 1st dish, then Voom and now DirecTV. When I came over to DirecTV after Vooms demise, they preached about how they are the leader of HD and promise of a brighter future. over two years later, still ain't worth a sh*t on HD.
So is there HD channels on the other options that are greatly better...
I agree it will be nice to get more HD, but I'd also like better bandwidth as well...

D* no longer states they are the HD leader, but they soon could say they are
" the SPORTS HD Leader"...

Jimbo

Cable just trying to figure if you were D* sub or someone trolling.

I respect any D* sub that has a concern or issue with the product which they are paying for.

If you are unhappy with D* HD content and have no other choice then I feel for ya.

Now as Ive stated in other threads I use TV as my portal to the sports world. So if D* adds my local RSNs in HD and hs NFL ST in HD then Im in Heaven and I get what I want. E* and Cable cant beat that.

I wont be slamming E* tomorrow for not having RSNs in HD because its way to early in this HD revolution to declare a winner. The technology is just too new.

b.a.d., I 'm not trolling. I guess some people think that but I'm not. I'm just like anyone else in here with concerns about my service. I'm not much of a sports fan and could careless about hd sports but I wish they would step up there efforts with what they have with the cable networks they have now in HD and add more to boot. I'm just dissappointed in how they are doing things that's all.

NESN hd will only be available to those with boston hd locals, not hartford, doesn't matter if you get nesn sd in other places or not. Same goes for yes hd...you need to get the new york locals only. Hartford people really getting worked over.

When Providence locals go live, are they really going to not give them nesn hd? That's even lamer.

Questioner said:
NESN hd will only be available to those with boston hd locals, not hartford, doesn't matter if you get nesn sd in other places or not. Same goes for yes hd...you need to get the new york locals only. Hartford people really getting worked over.

When Providence locals go live, are they really going to not give them nesn hd? That's even lamer.

may I ask where this info came from?

I called nesn and directv today to confirm it....nesn didn't know much about the specifics but I got the same story from 4 different directv representatives.

Just a coincidence that this exact info was posted at avsforums at 2:04pm this afternoon. :rolleyes:

PaulieORF said:
I have just confirmed with my contact at NESN that Connecticut residents will not be receiving NESN HD. We will also not be getting any New York HD RSNs in HD for the same reasons. This is terrible news.

She told me that DirecTV is making HD RSNs available only in the immediate area, which means that NESN HD, YES HD, etc will treated as local HD channels to their respective city. So since I don't get NY or Boston local HD channels, I won't get NESN HD or YES HD tomorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.